• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Porsche 935 1:12

Very quick update as work has taken over from modelling :)

DSC_3867.JPG
DSC_3867.JPG

DSC_3868.JPG

early days but "this has a lot of wires " :) washes and detail highlighting needed.

I thought i would add some braded hose simply because the kit gives you about 6 inch of tube which isn't enough to even get the engine finished. The instructions call out all the lengths and they equal about 5x the tube supplied. I had to think of a way of joining the braided hose to the oil tank and ended up with a small piece of alloy tube and some red heatshrink tube.

DSC_3903.JPG

DSC_3912.JPG

Also i have done a bit with the dash board. This is the first time i have ever used future to replicate glass and i am quite pleased with it. I also wired up the fuse box which is on the dash for instant easy access being a race car.

DSC_3902.JPG

Last edited:
Not done a huge amount this week but what i have done is adding extra detail which is the bit i like.

DSC_3915.JPG

DSC_3925.JPG

Cant help thinking this is a crap design :) Fuel tank in the front is vulnerable to any front end shunt and the oil tank in the front and engine in the back ? this is all about Ferdinand's design for his Beetle in 1938 and his Elefant tank :cool:

I have to say a lack of planning is starting to hit me here. I didnt want to do the classic Martini colours as its been done so many times but it might have been an idea to have an alternative lined up :)

I will have to stick to yellow as thats the base coat i have used so far but other than that i dont know. Irts actually quite hard to change the colour ona model like this because had i left it white on white plastic it doesnt matter if you miss parts when painting inside and under wheel arches but now i have to paint everything both sides.

Body work is pretty good, there are some mould lines that need to come out but basically its not too bad. Much more of a concern is the fit

DSC_3926.JPG

DSC_3927.JPG

Here it is with the lines removed and polished back with 2000 grit

DSC_3930_01.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_3928.JPG
    DSC_3928.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 9
Back