• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NATO's LanceR- a Romanian MiG 21MF in 1/48

It's a bit late in the day, but here's a piece for all our Romanian friends!

Andreea_2016.jpg

I was all excited there was going to be another installment. :laugh:

Cracking artwork though, as usual. :drinks

Hi Chuck,

I just saw your Progress now (I was on sick leave from the Forum)...

There are no words...

Do you think this amount of Detail is doable in 1/72?

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Chuck,

There are no words...

Cheers,

Alex

For him: easily! He's a Master! He may not want to given how tough 1/72 scale is to see for the average bear. Feel free to give it a try though.

Hi Chuck,

There are no words...

Cheers,

Alex

Also answering for Chuck, if you were to use a stereo microscope and then use optivisers to look at it later. You have to remember the bit of "Can You See It?" I myself am a bit crazy and have skills for ultra tiny and still have an eye that can see it (with decent lenses)

But then you know me well enough by now Alex, I'm a bit crazy
crazy.gif

Your artwork is always appreciated Chuck!
med3d-bravo.gif
I see you still lurking around here, just wish you could give us another inspiring installment.

It's a bit late in the day, but here's a piece for all our Romanian friends!

Andreea_2016.jpg

Never too late for a nice gesture, thanks Chuck.

1st of December is the National Day of Romania, the day when, in 1918, Transylvania was united with the kingdom of Romania, which, at the time only included the provinces of Moldavia and Wallachia.

Cheers,

Laurence

Thanks, Chris and Mike! Sorry for the disappointment! I have not abandonedthis build, just working on a very nice challenge that I think you'll all enjoy. Frankly, it's nice to have a break from posting, as the "chuk show" has been on the air for many, many years now! I'll be back!

Cheers, Gary- and thanks!

Alex- I hope your health has improved! BTW, my wife is a pediatric physical therapist, and my personal hero. 1/72? I don't see why not- look at what modelers like or own Heaven's Eagle (aka Paul) are doing with their ship builds! It's all about proper magnification, good light and patience. :)

Thanks, Duke- you're always too kind to an old scribbler like me! Hope your hand is on the mend!

Paul, you're waay too humble- I am always in awe of your skills and perseverance! I will be back in a few months, and I'm still lurking around- cheers!

I had you in mind when I was working on this, Laurence. The guys at Icaerodesign asked for this, and I just couldn't say no to such nice folks.

Back