• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NATO's LanceR- a Romanian MiG 21MF in 1/48

Thanks, guys! I was out in the garden and our road allll day yesterday. That stuff will kill you if it doesn't make you stronger! Moon, I was scratching my bald noggin and that idea just popped in. The resin parts are a bit off as they don't take into account the angle at which they attach on the real thing. The front two took a lot longer than I thought they would to get all worked out.

I am looking for 4 identical 1/4 inch wheels if anybody can help- thanks! They're for the bang seat dolly.

Lastly, this may be the last MiG post for a bit. I'm doing a build for my very first magazine article- I'll tell you more when I'm cleared by the editor!

Exciting! Looking forward to seeing the super secret project. :yipee

And Chuk, just for the record...you're a bastard! :tomato Your build inspired me to order a MiG-21 this past weekend whilst taking advantage of an extra 20% off sale on Academy products from SB. Haha. I may fill up that closet at the end of the hall yet.

Testors putty works well for me and is easily available.I have no near by hobby shop, only Michaels or Hoppy Lobby. I smooth it out with Testors liquid glue. Great job on the MIG !! Someday I'll build my Revell one gear up canopy closed. Gary

Thanks, guys! I was out in the garden and our road allll day yesterday. That stuff will kill you if it doesn't make you stronger! Moon, I was scratching my bald noggin and that idea just popped in. The resin parts are a bit off as they don't take into account the angle at which they attach on the real thing. The front two took a lot longer than I thought they would to get all worked out.

I am looking for 4 identical 1/4 inch wheels if anybody can help- thanks! They're for the bang seat dolly.

Lastly, this may be the last MiG post for a bit. I'm doing a build for my very first magazine article- I'll tell you more when I'm cleared by the editor!

If you have some dimensions and a photo of wht you want I might be able to come up with something for you on the wheels Chuck.

As to the magazine article, congratulatios! It's about time a magazine woke up to your talents. Can you tell us which one and if they are going to publish a similar style to what you post?

Thanks for the kind words back P.7 ... We all need encouragement from time to time ... Congrats on the Magazine article ... and the excellent step by step build of this plane ...

Excellent work ... (y) :woohoo: :salute

Thank you kindly, gents- you're all too kind!

No worries, Mark- I am in no great rush for them.

Paul, I'll send you some pic of what I'm looking at- I can't find any links to the pics I've found on ye old web. Thanks! I'm still awaiting the kit from the magazine and how they want the article. ;)

And Chuk, just for the record...you're a bastard! :tomato Your build inspired me to order a MiG-21 this past weekend whilst taking advantage of an extra 20% off sale on Academy products from SB. Haha. I may fill up that closet at the end of the hall yet.

Isn't this the truth. A few years ago I bought the planet models Ju388 - guess who inspired that purchase?!?!? Now I'm afraid to build that darn thing cause I just don't think I can do it any justice! :facepalm

All - kidding aside Chuck - this build is coming along nicely! excellent work and thank you for taking the time to share, I've learned a lot from watching your masterpieces come together!

Well, Skinny Mike, I am evil after all! Build that kit- you'll love/hate it as much as I did. ;)

While waiting for the mystery kit, I'm working on the nose strut to get the oleo all chromed up.

Again, my thanks to all!

Couple of comments here mate, first of all, bloody fantastic job.

When I served in the army, our regiment was bang straight near the airfield that was a school for teaching airforce pilots how to fly jets. Loved the planes, hated the noise waking us up in the middle of the night.

Few years after that, they started converting the classic 21's to the LanceR version, project carried out in the same city - useless piece of information, I know :D

Third thing to say is that we had a lady officer in our regiment, a young lieutenant, that looks very much the same as your girl here showcasing the model, oh, the memories !!!!!

Thanks for posting this piece of magic Chuk, keep the posts coming.

Laurence

Beautiful update as always my friend. It's that point in the build where you put in a lot of time but progress always feels slow.

Speaking of slow - I'm almost ready to update the A6M thread.

I have also made some progress on the long stalled MDC Typhoon. Something I never would have done if I hasn't learned so much from you.

Good luck with the article. Let me know what the parameters are - I'm interested to learn what things look like behind the scenes.

Great story, Laurence- cheers! Sounds like your army career had some interesting moments! ;)

Aw, Matt, you're the nicest guy I know! I look forward to your next post- and the delivery of the mystery model! I'll keep you in the loop, bud. :D

Back