• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NATO's LanceR- a Romanian MiG 21MF in 1/48

I'm still waiting for my "mystery project", so I've pressed on with the LanceR. You do a lot with scrap wire, brass tube and styrene if you put your mind to it!

MiG21_077.jpg

MiG21_078.jpg

MiG21_079.jpg

MiG21_080.jpg

MiG21_081.jpg

MiG21_082.jpg

MiG21_083.jpg

MiG21_084.jpg

MiG21_085.jpg

MiG21_086.jpg

MiG21_087.jpg

MiG21_088.jpg

MiG21_089.jpg

Andreea_007.jpg

Nice details. :notworthy

And a big thank you for sharing resources. I just went and took a look at the Albion website...and bookmarked. :drinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQOgt6st6w

Sorry couldn't resist...

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Those are going to look great painted up and dripping oil. :pilot

Yup I have some of this in my future when I finally get around to my Mig. That must be some fairly complex wire bending Chuck! Curvy, curvy, curvy! :blink

Oh, BTW the last pic has a broken link.

Dear Chukw.

Really I am very impressed with your fabulous work...these plumbing and linkage are fantastic :notworthy

My sincery congratulations :drinks

Luiz

My thanks to EVERY ONE OF YOU! :D I think this is the part of the build I've spent the most time and energy on, and it's been the most fun! This update alone cost me a day's effort, between the pin-up and the how-to, but it was worth it. Your support and friendship mean the world to me- cheers, all!

chuk

I well know just how much time it takes to do those updates Chuck! Yours always look like something from a publication and we ALL love your work and how to's.

BTW what camera did you get? I use two Nikons myself, an L24 with my home made magnification adapter and an L30. I like them in that they are fairly easy to use and also because they use 2 AA batteries. I have a number of the rechargeable AA cells around and so when the batteries die it is a quick swap and I can keep going. I have also learned to take between 2 and 4 shots of each view. Invariably some of the shots are fuzzy or odd looking. Easier to delete bad than to try and reset up a photo shoot.

Hi Chuck . I have used wire inside tubing to cut the brass before but never thought of using the tubing for this purpose.

Brilliant workmanship as always .

Cheers, Christian B)

Again- thanks, guys!

Paul, it's a Canon PowerShot Elph 440 HS. I'm really not into photography as a hobby, per se- it's just a means to an end. No tripods or studio setup- just a simple camera I can snap pics with on the fly as I build. My brother-in-law is an enthusiast, and kindly takes any "formal" pics I need. ;)

Fantastic work Chuk! That is a great tip on using the tubing for the lines!

Should look at trying that!

Love the artwork too!

Just checking in to make sure you are comfortably exceeding your own standards here Chuk....and you are :)
Great to see the spinner on the front , just got to add the blades now...
All the very best old chap

Paddy

Back