• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nakajima Type 11 Night Fighter....in-progress

Thanks guys! :notworthy

Today I used some thinned black oil paint to add a pin wash on the control surface hinge lines, also the pin wash was added to a few access hatches to highlight them.
While I had my oil paints out I put a few streaks of dark brown on the lower engine nacelles to represent some oil leaking from the engines, this was kept very subtle because from what I can see Japanese engines did not leak as bad as those on Luftwaffe aero engines.

After I was finished with the oil paints I loaded up the airbrush and gave the model a coat of flat clear, this was done so I can check to see how much more weathering (if any) will be needed. After the flat clear coat was sprayed on the weathering I did on the tail markings and ''meatballs'' really looks the part. :)

Matrixone

Thanks again James!
I should have more pics in a day or two, right now I have been busy with my other new model which is a 1/32 scale Fw 190D-9.

Matrixone

A couple more in-progress pics, these pics show the highlights of the control surface gaps I did with a pin wash of thinned black oil paint, I did add a little more paint chipping in a few selected areas. The propellers are done with their weathering too but its hard to see in these pics.

Today I will start adding some of the smaller bits which will include the landing gear, this one is about finished! :woohoo:

403677463.jpg

403677462.jpg

Next up is a 1/32 scale Fw 190D-9.

Matrixone

I guess that one has already surrendered . I see the props are still on the ground :rotf :rotf

Looks nice to me . Giving up on the Japanese so soon ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys.

James,
I have been looking forward to building the big Fw 190 even before I started the Nakajima. :)

Dave,
Yep, its back to the trout for me. :lol:

Christian,
There are a few more kits of Japanese aircraft in my stash so I will get back to them later. Next Japanese plane I build will be a fighter, not sure which one yet. There is a figure model I want to try and also an armor kit that I have been putting off....those damned rubber band tracks are really the reason why I avoid this one!

Matrixone

Hopefully not a George as it is on my short list but whatever, it's bound to be of interest.

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian,
No kits of the George in my stash, I mostly have older 1/48 scale Otaki kits of the single engine fighters. The only really nice kit of a Japanese aircraft I have is a Tamiya Dinah, that one will be built next year.

Matrixone

Well then, this would be a single engine George making a strafing pass at the Duck when it was annoying me !

Sorry for hijacking your thread :blush:

Cheers, Christian

One of my boys got me a 1/32 Fw 190 and the Aires complete detailing kit for Christmas last year. Maybe have to start it one day.
James

I have a 1/32 Dora myself :blush: . Guess the three of us could do a group build and see who waves the white flag first :rotf :rotf :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good from here!

Last time I was involved with a BBBB I ended up making four or five of them. :eek:hmy: Focke-Wulfs are like an addiction.

Matrixone

These are the very last in-progress pics, this one only needs the flat clear coat, nav lights, and final assembly and its done! :D

403712276.jpg

This pic shows the engines and weathering on one of the props.
403712275.jpg

Two more pics...
403712273.jpg

403712271.jpg

Looking forward to getting this model off the workbench...its getting in the way of my Focke-Wulf. ;)

Matrixone

Back