• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Model Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles.Update 4/30/19

Coming along nicely Bob!

thumbsup.gif

So cool (y)

When I'm done with the Bismarck, I'm gonna start learning how to paint cars / trucks, always got it wrong in the past :bang head

Laurence

So cool (y)

When I'm done with the Bismarck, I'm gonna start learning how to paint cars / trucks, always got it wrong in the past :bang head

Laurence

Thanks Laurence,

Painting gloss finishes isn't hard, it;s like everything else, practice, practice and practice some more! :)

Bob

Got a little more done this weekend. First, the sprue of wire wheels I posted last time. I have metalized one of them. Using Humbrol Polished Steel, after cleaning the wheels from flash I gave them a coat of the polished steel, being careful to avoid brushstrokes which can be seen after polishing. Note the two center wheels on the sprue. Top and bottom. The polished steel is almost the same color as the plastic, but..... the plastic won't polish like metal.

000~21.JPG

Then, after removing from the sprue, polishing using an old T-shirt plus cotton tipped swabs to get inside the wires and polish the sides of the spokes.

0000~20.JPG

They have a metallic look, but, just as with the real MGTC, they are not chrome, they are polished aluminum I believe. I still have to paint the MG logos on each knock-off.

00000~17.JPG

Then I used Testor's Africa yellow for the natural leather seats and door panels. After washing and giving them a slight sheen, that color makes a very realistic natural leather simulation. The dashboard will get a wooden finish but the lining around the outside will be black.

99~2.JPG

Then the door panels and the seatback. They are still wet from being just painted but will dry flat tan.

9999~2.JPG

That's it for now!

Bob

Back