• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitts X 3

Thanks for the comments!

I finished up the modification I did on the G-10 supercharger air intake and also filled in the sink marks I found on the gun cowl, some RLM 76 was sprayed on to make sure all is well before moving on to other parts of the build.
hf814e98.JPG

Here the air intake is dry fitted on the fuselage.

hec27d9b.JPG

And the pre-shading done on the Me 262 was toned down some...I did not want to walk it back further than this or the pre-shading would not show up at all after the rest of the camouflage paint and markings are on it.

h98e4840.JPG

h9dbaf9a.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks! (y)

The fun begins on the Me 262, by morning the paint will be 100% dry and I can start painting the upper surface colors. :yipee

Matrixone

The painting of the upper surface colors on the 262 has been started but its been a rough start, the paints I have are several years old and are difficult to work with even after proper thinning so I did the best I could with what I had to work with. ;)

As usual when painting the upper surface colors on my models I paint the wings and fuselage separately, no, I am not concerned about overspray I simply found its MUCH easier to paint a model this way, this way I can safely handle the model without the risk of getting fingerprints on fresh paint. :)

The upper surface of the wings and tail plane was done free handed and I used this illustration for guidance.

hc20b105.JPG

This profile of ''white 1'' is what I HOPE my model will look like in another day of painting. For those that know the Me 262 well will notice the camo pattern on the fuselage is not the standard pattern. :hmmm

h1c7e84d.JPG

...and the model as it looks right now...

h5916905.JPG

More pictures of the painting done today.

hdb0094b.JPG

h2286edb.JPG

hec64bee.JPG

h314ca1c.JPG

If anybody here is looking for a good reference book on late war Me 262's this one is excellent and great value for the money. Yes it deals mostly with KG(j) Me 262's there is plenty of material in it on other Me 262's that would be of great help to modelers building this aircraft.

h3c0f692.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks!

Some parts of the camo pattern on the wings are a bit off and since I am painting the fuselage the very same colors this will give me a chance to clean things up on the wings.

What really gives me pause for concern is my paints, some of them are starting to thicken up in the bottle and my experience has been once that happens the paint won't spray fine details through the airbrush even after plenty of thinner has been added to thin them. This is not a problem for larger scale models but it is when free handing the camo pattern on the small models.

Matrixone

Back