• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ME410 All the Way

Well Hannah and Fritxi you sure need to do some work , but this is a pretty kewl looking build ..... even for a flying thingy . We may have to get you both transferred to a panzer regiment ;) .

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Chuk,

What can I say...? Keep in mind that I'm a newb to high end plastic model building... I'm totally baffled by everything I saw/read here in the last three days (the time it took me to go through the whole Thread). :eek:hmy:

I had never seen anything so "intense" ref. model building! I guess you must be one of the top builders alive...
emoticon_nod.gif
No, I'm not kidding! I've never seen such an incredible attention to detail, so much creativity in finding a way around a models imperfections and the ability (and will) to execute scratchs in such a diminute scale that would give watchmakers a nightmare! :blink

And lets not forget the fantastic atmosphere created by your comic book characters: just awesome!!!
Emoticon_clap.gif
:laugh:

I can only compliment you for the masterpiece you're workin' on and thank you for sharing it in it's most basic detail with us!!!
Emoticon_okay.gif

Cheers and I won't be far from this ME 410!!! :)
Fernao

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm determined to get this thing done so I can dive into my Well Done and Bomber Command builds, so here goes nothin'!

It's the first modeling day I've had in weeks, and boy, did I feel out of practice. Lost parts, terrifying steps- I guess I made it through- check it out!

Me410_613.jpg

Me410_614.jpg

Me410_615.jpg

Me410_616.jpg

Me410_617.jpg

Me410_618.jpg

Me410_619.jpg

Me410_620.jpg

Me410_621.jpg

Me410_622.jpg

I am with Saul chuk... although I said that with the Helldiver build...and in the end, I just have the next thing you are up to to look forward to :) Great work!

it may be sad when this ride will be over but the next one's already in the pipe so i prefer to be the optimist and look forward to whatever you build since whatever you do in modelling, it's perfectly documented, perfectly built and perfectly entertaining!

I don't know about that tape Chuck, seems too thick in this case. BMF would be too weak, maybe something to fill in the gap and then some BMF on top with your rivet detail?

Well, I certainly don't think I'm anywhere near a "master", but thanks just the same, Wes!

Moon's right- I'm redoing all trhat foil. I'm adding the rivets before applying tape, for one- the riveter pushed it into the seams and spoiled the finish. I've got a little Bare Metal Foil- I'll try that. I've also gotten a tip on black Milliput- might be a good way to fill some of yje less gappy gaps. This seam is way too noticeable to take lightly!

Thanks, Tankers- and cheers!
chuk

chukw wrote:
Well, I certainly don't think I'm anywhere near a "master",

Well then, we can just agree to disagree. ;)

One of the best SBS modeling threads on teh whole internetz evah IMO.

/truth

:D

Hi Chuck. I continue to enjoy your work. You're not a master ? If this is true than I guess you are the closest thing to it that I am aware of.
By the way, isn't that the way it's suppose to work with lost items ?
Best regards, Christian B)

I got a great suggestion and it has saved the day- not only did the black Milliput fill the gaps, they're unnoticeable from the inside as well. Cheers to Tony Bell and Terrance burns for the leg up!

Me410_623.jpg

Me410_624.jpg

Me410_625.jpg

Me410_626.jpg

Me410_627.jpg

Nailed it! the black doesn't stick out from the inside like the white milliput would, just BAM! Nailed it Chuck!

Good stuff that black Milliput. I have black Elmer's cellulose glue but is isn't good for filling gaps.

Regards,

Back