• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lulubelle

h87f0965.jpg

It does seem as though the air cleaners are too long therefore they hang too low:

Sahara3.jpg

Regards,

Kind of hard to tell with the angle of the model. Looking over the guy's shoulder(on the right) it looks like the filter is at the same level

Filters are level but they are low. I'm thinking what I have might be a late version versus early version that was for this. Also these filters I have are for the M4, the Lee is a M3. I'm going to pop them off and do some modification to them.

After I nap off this turkey...:zombie

Kind of hard to tell with the angle of the model. Looking over the guy's shoulder(on the right) it looks like the filter is at the same level

He might be onto something. Since I had a little sleep overnight... damned bells woke me up and the scraping sound of a heavy sled on my shingle roof was dreadful (72 degrees F).

I see that it is the exhausts which should have a downwards turn but appear to be sticking straight out thusd appearing too close tot he air cleaners.

hf82ebe2.jpg

h6052087.jpg

h3f1c6da.jpg

hf7d345b.jpg

This is to show which type of exhausts (mounted on an M4 but it is the same type which was bent to clear the overhang)
h229c008.jpg

Regards,

Thanks Saul for posting these pics. I really like the 3rd pic. Good, straight on shot of the area. I think the filters are correct size, just MP's pic is at an angle instead of head-on. Plus, the plating w/ the angles isn't there.

Now that you mention it, the exhausts could se some "turn down"
No pressure :mpup

I bet he did make some racket up there. But I guess we're use to it down this way as he's already skidded in for a landing here.

Please excuse the red lines but using Sauls pictures I can get a good idea how my filters should be.

h6b266a8.jpg

Notice the lip on the air cleaner and where it lines up with the top of the engine access door.

Now look at my work

hed0dfe7.jpg

I highlighted the same seam on my aircleaner and the top of the access door. I'm way low, but the top of the filters would not fit so I think it's obvious there was a difference in the M3 cleaners vers the M4 cleaners. I'll break out my Son of Sherman book tonight and see if they have any other pictures, I think they had a section covering the M3s.

Either way, little bit of surgery is on schedule tomorrow. :soldier

You know what I might do, instead of putting them on the back of the hull, I'll install it on the upper hull where the overhang is. Hard to explain, just wait. :eek:hyeah

:hmmm Looks a might better Bob. I see ya got the bottom kicked out like in the pic Saul posted. (y)

You noticed that also, What i had before was in line to the rear of the lower hull, as you can tell in those photos, it was not.

Should look ok when done but don't look up her skirt, that's not polite. :smack

:soldier

OK, it's all fitting together now. Still dry fitting but all the little bits and pieces are building up.

I got the radio installed, going to come off with a hand set mic as seen in the movie. Have it hanging somewhere close to the radio.

h10bc30d.jpg

Air Cleaners just hanging there. But you get the point. Will be more secure when I get the upper hull connected to the lower.

heef85f3.jpg

I got some loose panels and seams on the upper hull, did that on purpose. :coolio Gives me some wiggle room to get things lined up.

hfdec629.jpg

Guess I need to dedicate a day to build up the freakin' tracks. :soldier

Looks great, Moon- cheers! Of course, it's a tank i know absolutely nothing about, and I haven;'t seen the movie in years and years, but it looks really cool!

Looks like you're spot on with this. Well done. I love the interior as well. With this looking so good, I know you'll knock the tracks out of the park.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Back