• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lulubelle

I'm with Iron Mike. Never, NEVER, clean up the bench!! :smack You'll awaken a sleeping Carpet Monster, and fill Him with a terrible resolve! :frantic
I'm very much liking your Lulbelle!! (y)

Still in disarray but the PE is going in swell. BTW, When did Eduard start making their PE in Brass, that you can solder?

h9cdd02c.jpg

h23165ff.jpg

I intend to plumb up the CO2 bottles. Chris you asked why they were their, fire suppression. :good:

I believe Eduards PE has always been brass. The silver colored PE they make is nickle plated which also solders quite well. Flux and pretin is the secret.

Looking outstanding inside so far! Man, I feel like I can climb right in and enjoy the ride! Looking forward to seeing more, this ride is really fun to follow.

Got my parts in from TNTMD yesterday, thanks go out to Saul for putting me in touch with Joe Bakanovic to get my order sorted out.

Been studying the rear of the Lee and see I have a bit of modifications to do. Kit instructions want the pepperbox exhaust but it's obvious from the movie that the fan tail pipes are coming out below the squared air cleaners. Now, if you look at "Standard" references you don't see this configuration. You'll see the pipes coming out up top of the rear plate more centered of the air boxes. But, since I'm doing the movie version I'll do what I can see. If I get called on it, so be it.

Things are settling down on the home front, I got all my shopping done and made the mistake of asking what I can do to help someone else...she gave me a list.

Might have some real bench time this evening. :soldier

OK, looking back at the screen captures the fantail pipes do not come down from the top but look like they were retro fit on the ports where the pepperbox exhaust were. Not sure I can find any reference on this other than that one screen shot from the movie. So there it is.

h87f0965.jpg

Airboxes stick out a bit much up top and the hull will not fit correctly. Will be doing some sanding..:soldier

You've probably seen these but if not
http://bountyjumper.blogspot.ca/2009_03_01_archive.html
scroll down about half way

Maybe cut the middle out (between the two reinforcement bands), glue the top and bottom together and then lay 2 new reinforcement bands?

James

Think Saul's been into the holiday cheer...:drinks

They don't look like 100% spot on matches do they, the airclearners that is. Looks like I need to whop off the top of the housing and snug it up in there a bit more.

That's a good shot to see where the Unit ID on the back had been over painted for the movie. Two different shades of OD I think.

Back