• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

The Mount of Aces is soft cover 160 pages. Starts with ancestry through production, squadron use, foreign users, problems, and after the war. A fair number of pictures including the frame and engine and then in use. I haven't read it yet to be able to say more. I got mine on ebay but the publisher is Fonthill Media. Its available in ereader formats as well. ISBN is 978-1-78155-288-9. Hope that is of some help.
James

Latest Acquisitions

some of my orders came in this week
DSC02741_zpslteoau4j.jpg

DSC02740_zpswldyomnq.jpg

DSC02715_zpskgbtsq8v.jpg

DSC02739_zpseqddl9mw.jpg

DSC02714_zpsgz8e8pvc.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

In the mail the other day was a box and it was addressed to me and I know I did not buy anything. There was no return address... so I opened it and WOW look what was in it ! There was no note or anything just this one bag.

Well who ever sent this to me, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

P.S. Send more.... LoL

SAM_4710_zpswxicmmz9.jpg

SAM_4716_zpswwwa3ypq.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

In the mail the other day was a box and it was addressed to me and I know I did not buy anything. There was no return address... so I opened it and WOW look what was in it ! There was no note or anything just this one bag.

Well who ever sent this to me, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

P.S. Send more.... LoL

SAM_4710_zpswxicmmz9.jpg

SAM_4716_zpswwwa3ypq.jpg

:captain :huh: Me thinks ya gotz a secret admirer thar Bud.... Nice haul!! :woohoo: B) Keep us posted on how they work out :good:

Latest Acquisitions

Bought some goodies at the Twenot show;

Balsa Foam and Photo Etched barbed wire from Aber.

h30e86dd.JPG

Fixer for ground work,paint,green colored pigment and a mini torch

h745c202.JPG

Gr,Ron.

Latest Acquisitions

Balsa Foam? Do tell :popcorn

Yeah Balsa Foam,think it's also known as Jiffy Foam.
Breveco in the NL is the importing company in Europe from this stuff that comes from the U.S,they had a stand at the Twenot show,so I got me some.
It's perfect for making your own houses and streets.

Here's a video so you can see how easy this material is to work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DL0lUB77UxE

This model by Peter Stoof triggered me:

h0b5177d.jpg

hb2f2e57.jpg

This is the real Grendelpoort in the town of Valkenburg (NL) in 1944.

h07c363c.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

very interesting that balsa foam I'm going to have to see about getting me some thank you very much for your report Ron .........

Mr T interesting item you got ... very nice ..... :eek:ldguy

Latest Acquisitions

Been using a Foredom tool that belonged to my mom who did woodcarvings. Very powerful tool, but you are tethered to the motor.

Got this baby today from the LHS and tested it out. I'm in love with it.

More wood for finishing up my Flattie. Some mahogany, cherry in 1/32" and some very small basswood, plus two packs of really tiny brass nails.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

Been using a Foredom tool that belonged to my mom who did woodcarvings. Very powerful tool, but you are tethered to the motor.

Got this baby today from the LHS and tested it out. I'm in love with it.

More wood for finishing up my Flattie. Some mahogany, cherry in 1/32" and some very small basswood, plus two packs of really tiny brass nails.

EJ

Nice haul thar EJ!! I've seen them lighted Dremels before & they're kewl

Latest Acquisitions

Got the new A7V by Meng today. Looks pretty cool and has full interior. Also the new book on Royal Prussian Jagdstaffel 30. Some schemes I want to do already. Finally a friend on another site is completely redoing the Mercedes engines by WNWs. He redid the cylinders for the III and IIIa engines and made an oil pump. I got one set of each although I should have gotten two oil pumps. They are printed by Shapeways and for sale. He is also making a 5 piece magneto. I'll get some of those also. These are awesome and I cant wait to build one and use the Taurus cams etc also.

DSC05292.JPG

DSC05293.JPG

DSC05294.JPG

DSC05295.JPG

DSC05296.JPG

https://www.shapeways.com/designer/Flugzeugwerke
James

Back