• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"KEEP ON TRUCKIN" CAMPAIGN

yhst-24936182256914_2272_102576831.jpg

whitemtoil_vintage_oil_truck_filling_1.jpg

wc_white_dump_truck.jpg

VT-12-9-KW.jpg

vintage-trucks-kenworth-18-wheeler-vehicles-_442638-48.jpg

vintage-delivery-truck.jpg

trucks.jpg

Truck-Old.jpg

Truck_2.jpg

towtruck1943.jpg

525cdc97.jpg

Problem is where would you get so many Toronado and Cutlass kits from?

think that's an 88 in there also, what about '72?

This one would be possible now w/ the release of the Meng F-350 kit. Just have to convert it to a dual rear axle since the kit appears to only come w/ a single rear axle.

IMG_2586.jpg

Haha, that is awesome!!

3536816447_231cb915a4.jpg

Man, I'd absolutely love to give something like this a shot. Looks kinda like that forward most rear axle is a helper axle, its either got smaller rims, or smaller tires, than the rear 2 axles.

Heavy_Boom_Truck.jpg

This one would be possible now w/ the release of the Meng F-350 kit. Just have to convert it to a dual rear axle since the kit appears to only come w/ a single rear axle.

IMG_2586.jpg

Monogram made a Ford dually back in the 90's. I think it is not to hard to find one. :drinks

Yup, that was a nice kit, built it a couple times. Hadn't thought about maybe pulling the axle & rims from that kit.

IMG_2586.jpg
Monogram made a Ford dually back in the 90's. I think it is not to hard to find one. :drinks

IMG_2586.jpg

Haha, that is awesome!!

3536816447_231cb915a4.jpg

Man, I'd absolutely love to give something like this a shot. Looks kinda like that forward most rear axle is a helper axle, its either got smaller rims, or smaller tires, than the rear 2 axles.

Heavy_Boom_Truck.jpg
Adam,on that last tow truck,the forward most axle at the rear is for weight distribution. Even tow truck operators need to worry about the DOT weight laws.

Its an adjustable axle though, right, that isn't always in contact w/ the road surface? When they don't need the extra distribution, its raised up. I know a lot of large cement trucks have similar axles for the added weight distribution you mentioned. Don't know what they're called, always just thought of it as a "helper axle" for lack of a better term.

Back