• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers Ju-87R della Regia Aeronautica

It should make a difference with the paint adhesion .

This bird really has a lot of interior detail :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian . B)

Hello Again

Getting there. The bird is painted and I have used for the first time diluted future as the coating before the decals. It does look a lot shinier than other models. As you can see, the paint has been thoroughly diluted. Not yet ideal but getting there. See for yourselves.

Thanks for the support.

Alex

hf70bd0b.JPG

h9cf3f86.JPG

hc1ea2ea.JPG

h5bb2d57.JPG

h578c57c.JPG

h4df100d.JPG

hafe1f6f.JPG

I agree , progress every time . The lumps and bumps seem to be absent .

As a matter of fact it looks a bit thin and grainy in some places .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! :drinks

Are you kidding me Bob? I almost had a heart attack when I saw the effect of future on the airplane. :bang head :bang head

I thought "S..t!!! I f..ed up the whole thing again"... Then I saw some pictures and apparently it is supposed to look like this. When finished I will spray the whole thing with a lot of flat coating..

Well, from lumpy to too thin is already an improvement. Maybe by the micro modeler month 2047 I will get it right! :evil:

More to come. Decals coming up.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks guys! :drinks

Are you kidding me Bob? I almost had a heart attack when I saw the effect of future on the airplane. :bang head :bang head

I thought "S..t!!! I f..ed up the whole thing again"... Then I saw some pictures and apparently it is supposed to look like this. When finished I will spray the whole thing with a lot of flat coating..

Well, from lumpy to too thin is already an improvement. Maybe by the micro modeler month 2047 I will get it right! :evil:

More to come. Decals coming up.

Cheers

Alex

Sorry :rotf :rotf :rotf No worries 2047 will be here before you know it.

May not even be the way it appears in pictures . Just look at it . If it looks good with the naked eye, it 's good enough.
Modern cameras pick things up that can't be seen otherwise . :coolio

Hi there

So after a few very stressful days and nights (and not in the good way) I managed to finish the Pichiatelli. Again there are improvements to the previous models, but still a lot to do. This future thing is really tricky. I probably need to dilute it much more. Overall I think I am still progressing on the learning curve.

So without further ado the Stuka from the Regia Aeronautica, shown in a little North Africa Diorama I've been working on.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

Cheers

Alex

h4e25c18_2016-04-12.JPG

h0241557_2016-04-12.JPG

h8d1dce5_2016-04-12.JPG

hdccfc18_2016-04-12.JPG

hcba7779_2016-04-12.JPG

h6655f47_2016-04-12.JPG

h8c69702_2016-04-12.JPG

Hi Alex ! Looks a lot better to me . You're right about Future , it is thick and sets up fast .

I hope you are using a square tip brush so you don't have to make multiple passes . Small round brushes would be very tricky.
It might also require more dilution.

On the other hand, you may review my PM about Vallejo paints . They were made for brush painting and even the Modelair will paint over their primmer by hand .

Cheers, Christian B)

Splinter camo looks good. (y)

Any notes on basic construction and assembly? Or did it go together like a dream?

Very nice Alex. One thing, you could apply a slight wash over some of the chipping to help it blend a bit.

Thank you very much my faithful friends... :notworthy :notworthy

Christian, this was the first time I used future. I did use a square brush but probably not broad enough. And I most certainly need to dilute it at least 10 times more. We'll see in the next one. Thanks for the PMs and the video, did not get a chance to see it yet but will try soon. Hope you enjoyed the books. If I get some more I will send them your way.

Adam, many thanks - that is very kind of you. As for the construction itself, I must confess I am so focused on getting this gosh darn painting and weathering correct that I did not pay as much attention to it. Overall no problems (these new airfix kits are really great) but the cockpit installation was a bit of a nag with all the PE added. Also the wing base needed a bit of fixing with putty and scrapping. Next time I will also comment/concentrate on those problems.

Bob, many thanks. I did apply a wash after the chipping, a rather dirty black one, but apparently still diluted. Will work on that as well. Many thanks for the help with Christian's books!

Luiz, thanks dear master! I am not sure I have a style besides AGAICM (as good as I can manage) but thanks anyways. Hope you are well with all this impeachment turmoil.

Did you guys liked the diorama base? Comments and suggestions on that?

Off to the OR now, talk to you soon. Thanks again!

Alex

I seem to be having a problem. My messages are posted but do not show up in my screen afterwards. Anyone care to shed some light on the issue? Bob, suggestions? Thanks!

I seem to be having a problem. My messages are posted but do not show up in my screen afterwards. Anyone care to shed some light on the issue? Bob, suggestions? Thanks!

Sorry Alex, no suggestion, never seen this happen. Only thing I can think of is some very aggressive caching from your internet provider that stores the website content instead of refreshing it directly from us. Try forcing a refresh on your browser?

Hi there

So after a few very stressful days and nights (and not in the good way) I managed to finish the Pichiatelli. Again there are improvements to the previous models, but still a lot to do. This future thing is really tricky. I probably need to dilute it much more. Overall I think I am still progressing on the learning curve.

So without further ado the Stuka from the Regia Aeronautica, shown in a little North Africa Diorama I've been working on.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

Cheers

Alex

h4e25c18_2016-04-12.JPG

h0241557_2016-04-12.JPG

h8d1dce5_2016-04-12.JPG

hdccfc18_2016-04-12.JPG

hcba7779_2016-04-12.JPG

h6655f47_2016-04-12.JPG

h8c69702_2016-04-12.JPG
Your best one so far mate (y)

Back