• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers J.1 Wingnut Wing

Progress...no really.
1595546129664.png

1595546142516.png

should have approached the bottom wing differently, we'll see how this turns out when it cures. The way the bottom wing mates is kinda strange. Used some old Testors tube cement in there, gives me time to get it secured. That's one of those tie down bungee cord things you can secure stuff with.

Bob, was the lower wing attched that free of the fuselage?

I don't recall when I saw the real one in the Ottawa museum. Must have had a substantial connection point.

:popcorn

Yeah Warren, there's like a pectoral assembly that the lower wing attaches to. I see the photos of the one at the museum, looks like the outer skill is removed or missing from that structure. I'll get a better picture tomorrow.

I'm hung up on the ignition system. The old DVII of old broke a while back and I pulled some parts out, i'm recylcing the mags out of it for this build because i've destroyed the kit parts. Can't get my head in it.
Anyho...
In looking around the bench trying to get oriented I found this.
1597025421620.png

1597025475050.png

Clearly not something I made.
Looks like a gun muzzle but absolutely no barrel.

Anyone got any idea what this is?

@Heavens Eagle Please don't judge me by my tweezers.... :rotf

Back