• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers J.1 Wingnut Wing

Looks like a gun muzzle to me as well.

(We will have to do something about those tweezers though)
Elvira big eyes.gif

Looks like an aber part. A plug with just the flash peeking out. Cant think what aircraft though. Although it could fit into a barrel also. Do you have an aber early mg?

I'm pretty sure it's for a BF109, it's about the only german thing I've built lately. It probably fell out of the packaging when I opened it because I don't recall missing it or see it. I know you guys do the same thing. you see a long lost part and you know right off, "Ah ha! that's where you went to!" You remember what kit and when you lost it.
This one I'm totally clueless on.

I got an hour in at the bench. My knee still hurts but i'm making progress. Sitting on the stool at the bench is very uncomfortable.
But I got this done.
1598835236752.png

These are shrouds for the ignition wires. Made it out of scrap brass stock. They pretty dang close to being the same and that's major for me. I don't have a clear drawing of how these things mounted so I gotta figure out something, they don't just float on the push rods I know. But progress has been made!

I think the CSM kit is right. If you look at this pic you can see the tabs at the 2nd and 5th cylinders at the spark plug.
Benz%20Bz.IV%20engine%20%20(2).jpg

James

James I looked at those images for weeks and never noticed that attachment tab. Excellent job! Thanks buddy!!

Hey look at me! Puttin' stuff together.

1600638037363.png

1600638056523.png

1600638077200.png

Might not be level, might not be square, might be oversize but it's an attempt.

I got my wire picked, .18mm wire i'm unwinding from an old electric motor. :pilot

Back