• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JU 87 B/R

Lot of detail packed into a tiny space, nice.

I always forget that 'tape it down' method. I'm a locking tweezer guy, which usually means I'm a 'spray and try to find it while I spill the color cup on my new pants that my wife warned me not to wear while painting' guy.

Impressive 1/72 cockpit work, Christian
eek_zps86d41972.gif

Thanks strange ways . Not so much to do with me really. It's just a very impressive cockpit .

I just realized I don't even have any of the leaver in place yet :coolio

With the other things that need doing ( like going out to get some Acetone, ect.

The day will probably get used up again :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

Lot of detail packed into a tiny space, nice.

I always forget that 'tape it down' method. I'm a locking tweezer guy, which usually means I'm a 'spray and try to find it while I spill the color cup on my new pants that my wife warned me not to wear while painting' guy.

Got to tell you ....Whatever it takes . Tape , blue tack or super glue on a toothpick keeps you from chassing a lot of bitty parts that are really good at hiding.

Still , I get tagged in those games at times.

Word to the wise " listen to Mama " It will bring more harmony to your life :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks James, Iron Mike and Mike for checking on my progress :good:

I have been using this superglue since the IPMS Nats and I must tell you that it's a great product.

However, the dispenser tip has become a major problem causing me to break two pins pulling them out.

SOoooo, last night I called Dr. Mike and asked how he treats the problem. Here's the solution/
Cockpit_attacment_005a.jpg

Place scotch tape on open bottle and toss the tips, ect in for a while.

Having my glue tip restored , I decided to do some gluing.

Of course the clamps did not fit where they needed to be so I improvised by using some woodworking skills .

Cockpit_attacment_004a.jpg

After a lot of measuring and hoping , I hope the inside walls are glued in the proper place.

I find these AM kits difficult to assemble since they don't provide good instructions .

The IP. is the worst culprit.

So, armed with my legos and some close pins I glued the first part to the airframe :hmmm

Cockpit_attacment_003a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Back