• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

I was wondering when we'd get an update. For awhile there I thought the girls had dumped us. The pedals and instruments look fabulous. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Well done chuk, i was just about to add...be thankful you don't have rigging and then you add wiring that's slightly more complicated than rigging :)

Thanks, Allies!

Life has been pretty crazy latley- the last month has just been one thing after another- travel, throw a party, work the weekend, dead computer. The last is still getting dialed back in- one always finds one more little f@kker that needs fixin'. Oh, and on top of all this various ailments (memorable stomach virus caught in stupid Las Vegas), back woes and so on.

Hopefully, Marc and I are back on track, and I can get this sucker done!

Damn with all that you still do great work. :eek:hmy: What can you do when you have free time. :blink

;)

Hey Chuck, that fancy solderin' iron, do you have the radiant heat coming from it heating up other solder joints like you would a traditional iron or even worse, a torch?

Thanks, Randy!

Moon, an electric bolt travels between the tips of the tweezers directly through the joint held between. The heat comes from the electrical resistance that results, and nails that sucker on the quick! Those two joints on the panel frame are right next to one another, and I simply put a thin strip of wet paper towel between them, a la Watanabe-Sama. I'm looking forward to trying it on complex PE assemblies- oh, the joy! I need to get some Soldering paste- American beauty sells it for as little as a hundred bucks a pop! :eek:hmy: Anyone know of a cheaper (lesser) amount?

Cheers!

50 bazillion post counts and rocketing ever upward! :gogo

Christian, silver solder has a high melting point, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe one of our more knowledgeable modelers will provide more.. knowledge!

Many thanks, buddho!

Mini-Update time! For some reason this was all I got done this weekend, but It's one more step in this long, long journey. Fritzi's still got plenty of pep- take it away, Fraulein!

388_231.jpg

388_232.jpg

388_233.jpg

388_234.jpg

388_235.jpg

388_236.jpg

Back