• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Beautiful work as usual and a great save from a company I didn't think I would ever buy from again (since they seem to be simple metal castings of kit parts without additional details).

Regards,

Great save chuk, now this build had popped up here i have found it :) and spent a pleasant Sunday afternoon catching up. What always amazes me is the knowledge you pick up before and during a build on what you are building !! You seem to know when something is not right straight away so i am assuming you cross reference everything as you go to books ?. That said you must have a good library to be able spot a wrong or missing panel line on a small section of JU388 wing !!! ;) I have a small library on the Spitfire ( huge actually) and even now people cant even agree on what colour interior green is...or Sky come to that :)...or the door mounted crowbar...
So anyway...10/10 to you for research ;)

Thanks, friends! Now I just have to pull the new pe levers out of the cockpit to snad the nubs off- how did I miss that? :unsure:

Saul, you are, of course, correct- no ejector marks filled, no detail added. The only thing "improved in this set is that they mold the scissors links assembled. Thos firewalls were a gift from the modeling gods, though! :zen

Paddy, I always spend more on book than models- it's a little thing I do! I used to run from the computer to the bench constantly, checking pix I've collected from the web- but now I've got a tablet that I can keep right there on the bench. I need to make a mount for it- maybe a swivel arm? Perhaps I'll just wait for my new wi-fi ocular implants with the built-in microscopes and cameras. Who cares if I frighten the kiddies when I go out? NYAH-ah-ahhh!

no ejector marks filled, no detail added. The only thing "improved in this set is that they mold the scissors links assembled.

Those are the exact reasons that, if in your shoes, I wouldn't have looked at them and gotten the 'gift' they provided! You truly lucked out and deserve it as too much work was invested.

Oh, about books, I have spent a FORTUNE on my reference library and continue to buy more books as my older ones get outdated. Many people don't realize that when I get some kits or AM to review, and it is not 'up my alley' I go out and buy some references as well. In the end, I have a kit or AM I don't want with books I don't need. While I usually give away the former, I certainly don't give away the books.

Regards,

Saul, it's been my goal since my early teens to build a nice reference library relating to modeling. I think I can say I've spent more on books than I have on models!

I'm home with a virus and should have been painting pictures of robots all day, but here's what I've gotten done this weekend. Cheers!

388_215.jpg

388_216.jpg

388_217.jpg

388_218.jpg

388_219.jpg

388_220.jpg

388_221.jpg

Thanks, Randy!

Just time for a quick update- all has been kinds crazy at Chez ChukkenMarc. We're cool, though- and I've even done some modeling! Let Hannah be your guide...

388_222.jpg

388_223.jpg

388_224.jpg

388_225.jpg

388_226.jpg

388_227.jpg

388_228.jpg

388_229.jpg

388_230.jpg

Man oh man but you do awesome work. And as Chris I needed a fix also. The superlatives escape me so here's some thumbs up (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

James

Back