• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IL-2 Sturmovick "Avenger" + Eduards Photo etch

I'd say you can't argue with success! It'll be worth doing an experiment on a flat-coated bit of scrap for me- Christian's rocked it here.

;D
chuk

Hello everyone, we have been very distracted since the last post :( but we are finally back at base camp.

Looks like the paint ball squad has been using the IL-2 for practice once again. There will be much scrapping and cleaning today !

Iak-IEarly002.jpg

Well here we are, the cleaning crew has certainly been busy. It does not look new anymore.

0023.jpg

0012.jpg

Now, I'll have to find something else to do while it dries to the point I can apply the sealer.

All comments/criticism are welcome. After all, Its part of the learning process. B)

Great paint job, Chris!
101.gif
I find this color filter technique most interesting: it's awesome to see those little multicolored dots become a "texture" and give life to a model. Wonder who came up with that one...
emoticon_confused.gif

What I also find amazing is the scale you work with: 1/72 is soooo small... and in spite of that the detail is fantastic: congratulations!
notworthy.gif

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Get some shots with a little more light, it would be interesting to see all the colors working with natural light.

Don't make me break that picture of the Green Widow out on ya. Well done buddy!

It really looks good! I have this kit (original molds) along with the larger scale one (original molds again) but never did find a sharkmouth on one.

Regards,

Chris, superbulous build and awesome finish (y) :notworthy Man you have a way with dots! didn't know all of this was going on...I need to get out more.

Tim

I think it looks great! Break the seal on that new photo studio in a box and take some pix! :D How about trying the forum gallery so you know who won't you know what! :pp

Sorry, I passed out from holding my breath to see if he's use the gallery. Did he?? :mpup

Well, after some computer problems I am finally back to get some of the dust out of this post.
I have used a prisma color pencil to simulate some paint chips on the airplane.

0032-1.jpg

I had a good time and had to pull back since these airplanes did not have a long service time during the war.

0042.jpg

Next I pulled out the dreaded instructions so as to gather all the parts for the machine gun mount.

:hmmm

006.jpg

007.jpg

0026.jpg

and that's the grand total of those parts. Lots of little bits for these big fingers and that small space.

0052-1.jpg

I did manage to get a few the aft gun mount ring installed and shot some a coat of flat shot on the wings.

Thanks for looking. Once again, comments are welcome.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back