• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Petlyakov PE-2 - new attempt

Thank you. As you noticed it is still "oily" but should get better when dry - then I will dab it.

Everything fit into place, that was just amazing!!!

h0a8685f.gif

h0a8685f.gif

h80bc87d.gif

Thanks guys for the comments and tips.

Of course putting everything together still required a bit of sweat and blood (cut myself) but still coming along nicely IMHO. At least much better than the first one.

I did dab the oily stuff a lot and now I got it to a Minimum. What do you think? Still too much weathering?

The bomb bay

h6045300.JPG

the nacele bomb bays (I know, closed but I know there are bombs there!)

h960af01.JPG

fuselage Details

h5f03b14.JPG

h932ae39.JPG

h137a631.JPG

h36e0167.JPG

haf0564e.JPG

Cockpit

hd035dd6.JPG

hb658026.JPG

hf4707ea.JPG

Cheers

Alex

It does look good Alex. Just don't forget to clean the edges of the fuselage before gluing the two sides together. It'll hold better that way. I am also impressed with the weathering and detail painting on this.

Thanks a lot guys. I did clean up the model a bit and it indeed glued much better together.

he0d0f1a_2016-10-02.gif

Still a bit rough on the clear parts, but all in all it came together. Now lots of sanding and putty-filling of the creases (seam lines) in the next step.

This is the Progress so far. Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Alex

hd60caae.JPG

hef9f863.JPG

h5a3981c.JPG

h5426501.JPG

Thank you Bob and Warren, much obliged.

I did get the main painting on. After the primer coating this is the scheme:

1. Soviet Olive Green

h86d044e.JPG

h5778250.JPG

2. Soviet light Brown

h5230656.JPG

h1d82fc5.JPG

3. Soviet Dark Gray

h04f5191.JPG

h51c471f.JPG

4. Flat in preparation for White cover

hf21fb74.JPG

h6abef0e.JPG

5. Soviet White cover

h523300b.JPG

hb14ac2e.JPG

6. Soviet thinned White Overall

h78c32ee.JPG

h5566df5.JPG

What do you think?

Cheers

Alex

I see some marked improvements (y) (y)

Probably should have installed the decals on before the snow was put on with the stars on . Anyhow, it would be a smoother surface to apply them on. ( Just a thought )

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys

Actually Christian I did some research into that. Apparently the soviets painted their stars again after the white was applied, to make sure that the sludge of the bad paint would not cover them. This is different than the Germans, and that is why there is a sort of "halo" around the iron crosses and swastikas in the winter camouflage.

As for the snow, that is wonderful.
If it were up to me it would snow 12 months a year. Actually, better yet, 9 months of snow and 3 months of drizzling rain.

Cheers

Alex

P.S. I am not crazy - just the wife and I love dark, rainy cold days. Just like the Addams family!

Thanks Alex. Good info. That would explain why their stars always look fresh . :good:

The Japanese Hinomaru always seem to be fresh also but I have never found text concerning the markings.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back