• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Petlyakov PE-2 - new attempt

:yipee :rotf :rotf :rotf

Thank you Christian! That is excellent!

First snow forecasted for next week. Finally!!! :ro:

More Pictures of the PE-2 soon. Almost ready

Cheers

Alex

Glad you liked that :good: The snow should make you happy but from my experience, the German roads were often treacherous .

We're still fighting with the dead leaves here . :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Lots of snow here today... :ro:

German roads treacherous? I don't think so. If you can drive without any Problems at 100-150 mph the road must be good, right? :v

So I finished the PE-2. Not so good, the final steps gave me a lot of headaches. The paint did not mix well (this Russian White AL-7) and at the end the Thing Looks more like the frosting on a cake than an airplane!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Still, valuable lessons learned as usual. Now on to the next challenges.

Cheers

Alex

h44a3059.JPG

hc1dd17c.JPG

h102031f.JPG

h80e0a3b.JPG

h761ce33.JPG

h1112295.JPG

h2da6f68.JPG

h7c36a9b.JPG

ha9f5181.JPG

It is a pretty bird, even though I still prefer the Bat bomber by a small margin .

Don't get discouraged Alex > I am still learning things nearly every build .

To me, the finish is always the most critical part, although if the prep work is shody in any way , the perfect paint job will never look great either. :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

Lots of snow here today... :ro:

German roads treacherous? I don't think so. If you can drive without any Problems at 100-150 mph the road must be good, right? :v

So I finished the PE-2. Not so good, the final steps gave me a lot of headaches. The paint did not mix well (this Russian White AL-7) and at the end the Thing Looks more like the frosting on a cake than an airplane!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Still, valuable lessons learned as usual. Now on to the next challenges.

Cheers

Alex

h44a3059.JPG

hc1dd17c.JPG

h102031f.JPG

h80e0a3b.JPG

h761ce33.JPG

h1112295.JPG

h2da6f68.JPG

h7c36a9b.JPG

ha9f5181.JPG

Oh yes, treacherous .... I have seen times in the Hunsruck when the ice was smoother than what you would find in an ice skating rink.
Not that I could not handle them but there were a lot of people that had difficulties .
A super beetle with good radial tires is the fastest snowmobile I have ever been on.
My German Ford was also quite good but it did not match the VW.
Cheers, Christian B)

It is a pretty bird, even though I still prefer the Bat bomber by a small margin .

To me, the finish is always the most critical part, although if the prep work is shody in any way , the perfect paint job will never look great either. :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

So which am I? The bad finisher or the shoddy assembler??

Or both???

hahaha

Cheers, Christian B)

So which am I? The bad finisher or the shoddy assembler??

Or both???

hahaha

Surely, you don't expect me to fall for that one ??? :rotf

That's pretty much a female question .... " Does this make my butt look big " :rotf :rotf :rotf

The facts are that you are a work in progress :good: as all of us . We are just not in the same place.

You are still trying to master a difficult task ( brush painting ) while you are still trying to get your work a bit more refined ( polished)

A flat finish tends to hides building errors while a shinny finish only accentuates any piece of dust you missed on the previous step... :coolio

That help any ? :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Back