• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I think I'm turning Japanese...

Thanks!

I started painting the upper surfaces of the Dinah, as you can see this one will be painted in a brown color instead of green.

Some pre-shading and highlights were added.

hc9c9760.JPG

he327c11.JPG

The engine nacelles will be given special treatment...the upper part of the cowls will be faded a little and the parts of the cowls that would normally be in shade will be slightly darker. I have to do something because aircraft with single upper surface colors can look boring and I like my models to be visually interesting but at the same time not look too cartoonish.

h312a855.JPG

h9777c55.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks for looking!

The pre-shading has been covered up today, this model won't be getting much paint chipping but I did want it to look sun faded.

h9b05eb1.JPG

h2b40f98.JPG

h3bc9cd9.JPG

The top of the engine cowls are sun faded and the undersides of the cowls are a little darker, the cowl on the left is sun faded and the one on the right shows the underside of the cowl in a slightly darker color.

h8fdc608.JPG

h37c6e2d.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks!

More painting on the Ki-46...the wing leading edge yellow ID markings were masked and painted on and the trim tabs on the tail control surfaces were painted a slightly darker version of the base color.

h1ae67d8.JPG

hb1ae192.JPG

h9d607af.JPG

h828a352.JPG

Its hard to see in the pictures but the wing roots were lightened a little bit to prepare them for the paint scuffing/chipping to come. After looking at as many photographs of Ki-46's as I can find it would appear these aircraft did not have much paint chipping on the airframe compared to many other Japanese aircraft so much of the paint chipping will be confined to the wing root area.

he85eaac.JPG

he23889e.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks Bob!

This was the easiest to decal 1/48 scale warplane I ever worked with, the decals only took a short time to put on the model mainly because there were so few of them.
I am sure there were at least some stencil markings on the full size aircraft but pictures of them don't seem to exist.

hb0c1afb.JPG

h00e4214.JPG

he2cc747.JPG

h60e625c.JPG

Matrixone

Back