• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hellcat for Hell in the Pacific

Short up date, lot of work but not much to look at.

Alclad Aqua Clear Gloss and then started adding some decals.

Got to figure out how to fad out the decals, I mean if the paint job is faded, stands to reason so is the insignias and stuff.

Hellcat15.jpg

Someone lurking in the background..

Thoughts, suggestions?

Use masks. Seeing as you have already added decals though maybe a gloss coat and then a dot filter then a satin coat afterwards.
James

how did you get the panels faded like that?

Start back here Paul
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/hell-in-the-pacific/145952-hellcat-for-hell-in-the-pacific?start=24#147332
Basically I added Buff (thanks Chuck) to my base color, add a drop squirt, another, squirt...and just built up and blended the colors.

Thanks guys, James with my history of masking, think i'll take Chris's suggestion and work with really thinned colors and build them up. (y)

The Alclad Aqua Clear, sure do. Use it the same as you would Future. Why use it instead of Future, well we're still lucky that we can get the stuff. I think the coat is harder also, I notice it doesn't build up and start to run like future would.

Short up date, lot of work but not much to look at.

Alclad Aqua Clear Gloss and then started adding some decals.

Got to figure out how to fad out the decals, I mean if the paint job is faded, stands to reason so is the insignias and stuff.

Hellcat15.jpg

Someone lurking in the background..

Thoughts, suggestions?

That is the ugliest groundcrew there in the background :rotf Sure looks nice Bob. Am going to have to try some of that fading. So is that Vallejo Model Color Buff you use? I didn't see any Model Air buff.

Looks pretty good in my eyes,MP!

Dont know how to fade out the decals,...it's not armor.if it was armor I would drybrush a very thin basecoat on it,but I doubt if this would also be the case with aircraft builds.

Greetings,Ron.

Actually Ron, I'm taking up Chris' suggestion of thinning out the base coat with some Buff and hitting it. I do wonder if just the thin buff will be enough to fade it, but will probably test it just to see.

HELP!
I screwed up the Aircraft ID number on one side, decal folded under after I applied solvaset, of course that meant there was not sorting it out.

If anyone has this kit and is not doing this scheme please let me know, all I need is the one decal "32" for the starboard side. Remember this is the 1:48 scale kit.

Will buy or trade what I can, pay shipping.

TIA

only one per side.

8221_14_z6.jpg

Hope they let me hot link to the decal sheet.

It's the "32" I need. The other "3" on the sheet is a good deal smaller.

It looks to me they supply enough stencil decals to trick out two kits but not the individual markings.

You're in luck Bob. I have the 1/48 kit and it was actually right on top of the pile in the closet. So is it one of the big "32" markings you need. Decal number 16 right?

Back