• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hellcat for Hell in the Pacific

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Hellcat01.jpg

Hellcat02.jpg

Yep, a Eduard outing here. Going OOB, box is packed though and I'm going for the tricolor with the red bordered US Insignia just cause I really like that insignia and haven't had the chance to use it yet.

Will start soon..

Let's not go there shall we? Next thing you know someone will be along talking about Pips Priller.
:zen

Amazing, seems this thing is just falling together.

Couple of notes, I'm finding a little more flash than you would expect. Mostly around some sprue gates and along mold seams. Maybe Eduard is getting a bit long in the tooth on these molds. Nothing that is causing issues just a little more clean up that you'd expect.

Also found that if you install the seat and fully seat it in place that it pushes the armor plate at an angle that does not line up with the rest of the cockpit. makes it lean too far back. I removed the seat and bulkhead/armor plate, repositioned the bulkhead and installed the cockpit to the fuselage half with everything lined up. THEN installed the seat, it may not be fully seated but you wouldn't be able tell it.

I really like how they have the flaps and ailerons molded in a single piece so the trialing edge has a good taper, wish other manufactures would pick up that trick.

Wings attached, cowl in place. Amazing how quick this went to gether when you're not worried about detail that'll never be seen again :mpup

Pictures at 11...:mpup

Yep, the 1/72 Eduard version that I just built in the Micro Modeling Month Campaign was the same. Fell together all on its own. Enjoy!

:popcorn

Will be watching this one although I'm still feeling the pain from other Eduards kits . ( and more in the closet ).

Hope to get some positive vibes from this one . :zen

Cheers, Christian B)

Chris, I think you could work wonders with this kit. Really, not exactly shake and bake but close

Hellcat03.jpg

Sorry for the over exposed photo, I knew it sucked when I took it and thought i took another. Eduards instructions calls for you to remove detail from the side panels to prep for the PE, but, they don't supply PE for this kit. I'm still out on the Color PE stuff, the panels on the lower side are suppose to be black face, Eduard did them in interior green but that green looks, well like pictures from old newspapers when they did color, very pixellated (dots). I don't get it. I think I'd rather deal with paint and decals.

Hellcat04.jpg

Holy cow that went together quick! Too quick, I forgot to paint the inside of the cowl so, don't look. :mpup From what i've read and seen, I agree with others on the web that Eduard got the Hellcat "grin" just right.

Hellcat05.jpg

Primed...Vallejo primer that came with the USN Model Air set, figure I'd give it a try. It was almost as thick as Model Color line, had to thin it a lot to get it to squirt right.

Hellcat06.jpg

I pride myself on knowing a little bit about ordnances but this has me stumped, maybe for depth charges? Is that suppose to be some sort of fuse on the front of this bomb? Eduards supplies nice PE wind vane for the rear fuse and the PE fins. Also someone help me out here, wasn't USN bombs another color other than OD?

Hope you like it, if it weren't for the primer curing this thing would be in Tri-color by now. :pilot

Well, I have two of their Bf 110's that others have spoken of very well.

The LA-7 is actually a nice kit but their instructions are absolutely backwards from anything that resembles common sense .

The PE for the Dinah so far has been ( Eeerr ) challenging although I might think of a more inappropriate word latter.

I'll try to think positive on the 110's :fencing Oh , I also have a ME 410 that looks good in the box :) .

Unfortunately , I have no need for a Hellcat at this time. Well, that was my grumblings for today .

Your cockpit looks very nice . Cheers, Christian B)

Oh, the NAVY museum has some 360 views of WW II cockpits if you need more info

Somehow , I have been spared on the P-38 . The one I posted a while back was an ancient Revell kit.

I have read a rumor about the 410 that said it was an ex Fine molds kit but I can't swear to it. I hope it proves to be true.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks very nice Bob. That bomb has me stumped also. Never seen a fuse like that. This photo has something close but not quite the same. Also I think the bombs in the photo are practice bombs and maybe that's why they are black.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/us-navy/naval-bombs.jpg.html

Back