• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hellcat for Hell in the Pacific

That's right, decal number 16. Whacha wanna trade? I can get you a lifetime memebership to the website if you'd like..:mpup

:hmmm The lifetime membership sounds tempting. I don't need anything for it Bob. Just shoot me your address and I will get it sent along.

Thanks for the decals Ryan

And Dave...UNCLE! I got the bloody ribbon already. I'll get it uploaded tonight.

(y) Top finish MP - hey I watched a doco on Anzac day here called ''dogfight over Guadalcanal'' and there was a film sequence of a Hellcat taking off from a carrier and I thought - that's MP's build! you have the fading perfect just like the real thing!

A Big thanks to Ryan {Nerdling) for coming through on the decal I screwed up. Salute!

Hellcat16.jpg

Hellcat17.jpg

Got all the decals on, next up weathering.

Alclad Aqua Clear Gloss and then started adding some decals.

MP, how did you apply the decals, straight from the water soak? and did you use any AM decal solution, what I'm after is the exact method you used to apply the decals on this model

What I'm hearing is the new Future mix is making decals curl which isn't good.

Been looking at some pictures of the Hellcat in action and found this one

I do believe that is the look i'm going after, not so much chipped up but faded, especially around the US Insignia on the side. You can tell the accessory bay panels were painted on another aircraft as the color demarcation does not line up with the panels to the aft. That would have been a very cool effect if I had seen this picture before, would have tried it.

What's got me wondering, the underside of the wing, what's going on there, chipping, dirt, grime?? I don't know.

What's got me wondering, the underside of the wing, what's going on there, chipping, dirt, grime?? I don't know.

Not sure what you're looking at exactly Bob... Dirty hand prints from handling the airplane ?

As far as the mismatched demarcations, it looks like the installed a whole different front end on it . Not too late to change it as it looks to be different shades anyway :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Look under the leading edge and trailing back, it looks really pitted, spotted. Not really hand prints or handling.

My eyes have been attacked by some pollen today, don't understand it with the rain we've been getting lately. Can't see a dang thing...missing some good quality bench time :bang head

My eyes have been attacked by some pollen today, don't understand it with the rain we've been getting lately.

Just read something on that yesterday. It went on to say storms are not necessarily a good thing as some times it just stirs it up more than washes it away. :fencting

I wish I had a good picture of that Cat. Just thinking out loud here. I wonder if the folding part could have been painted blue like the Corsairs and the over painted with the light gray and then deteriorated ( somehow ) :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Back