• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hellcat for Hell in the Pacific

Look out, here comes another Chris :pilot

Hellcat10.jpg

Still had some white specks get away from me, guess I can scrub them off or touch up later.

Hope you like it so far. :mpup

And she's UP!

Hellcat11.jpg

Landing gear installed. Lots of parts in there, got the scissor strut things over the oleo, lots of linkage and you can't see any of it once it's all in place. But nice solid fit of the gear, should be plumb and square, CHRIS. :mpup

Hellcat12.jpg

Le Bomba Surprise...added a little extra to the bombs, little something on the front of that funky fuze, arming lanyard forward and aft. The rear fuze fins are nice but once again, can't see them.

Hellcat13.jpg

Masking came out good. I like it. Used the kit supplied Eduard Mask and they sealed up good, clean lines. You can see in the left side window I had some CA get away from me..hate that, can't get in there to fix it. Oh Well. Cockpit turned out nice, got a missing insturment there in the middle of the pedestal. The right hand panel had good details molded and it was painted but the left hand panel is totally void of details. Guess I won't take any pictures of that side.

Hellcat14.jpg

Guess decals are up next, now that I faded this thing so much, guess I need to fade those decals also. :hmmm

Yeah Bob ! That's looking quite sharp. Really like the arming wires :D

I'm glad you realized the folly of arming bombs when the gear is about to collapse :rotf

Cheers, Christian

Ryan it's a Just Plane Stuff brand base. I need to get some stripes marked on it but it's pretty much finished.

http://www.justplanestuff.net/catalog?item=JPS018

I got it at a LHS that was closing up. Can't remember what I paid but I'll get another one, would like one of the PSP bases as well.

Short up date, lot of work but not much to look at.

Alclad Aqua Clear Gloss and then started adding some decals.

Got to figure out how to fad out the decals, I mean if the paint job is faded, stands to reason so is the insignias and stuff.

Hellcat15.jpg

Someone lurking in the background..

Thoughts, suggestions?

Back