• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hecker & Goros Grenadier

reconron

Think I'm going to try this one,
A White Metal figure in 1:32 scale by Hecker & Goros.
Grenadier im Mantel (long coat),over the Long Coat the Wehrmacht soldier has a so called Zeltbahn.

Maybe I will use a resin head instead of the White Metal one,have to see about that. :hmmm

FIGGI_1.jpg

FIGGI_2.jpg

FIGGI_3.jpg

the Zeltbahn is a pretty usefull item:

ZELTBAHN.jpeg

Greetings,Ron.

Sweet.

I just ordered a Zeltbahn for my son for Christmas. It's not the Splinter Camo, but Oak Leaf pattern (OL was on sale). He wants to use it camping with the Scouts, but they probably should get at least four of them. :D

If you don't go with the Splinter and still haven't painted the Zelt by the 26th, I can grab a photo for you.

Now then,I found a bit of time to get back to this one. :S

I found an old Verlinden Productions head to replace the one provided,primed the figure,and did some raw base painting with acrylics.
The now awful looking face part will get some oil paints on it.
There are many different camo patterns for the Zeltbahn,I know I have to choose one in the end. :laugh:

GGGrenadier.jpg

Gr,Ron.

Looks good so far Ron, looking forward to some real paint on him.

Have fun with the splinter pattern... :D

Tom

P.S. Don't forget the rain marks.

Now then,no Wehrmacht splinter this time around,but a camo on the zeltbahn used by the W-SS.
Fall side out (the inside would be a spring/summer camo)

This is going to be a muddy figure on a muddy base,probably somewhere on the Eastern Front.

hd547bf5.JPG

hcb9d208.JPG

I used a Pigment Wash,on the helmet to simulate the paint mixed with sand look.

h03ad199_2015-02-16.JPG

Not 100% happy with the camo on the zeltbahn,btw.

More to come later.

Really like that helmet!

Maybe a dark wash in the folds of the camo :idonno Might give it a little more depth?

Really like that helmet!

Maybe a dark wash in the folds of the camo :idonno Might give it a little more depth?

Thanks Jeff!

Hmmm yeah,I gave the figure a grey neutral wash,but it could use some more contrast I agree.
Have to figure out how to do some additional darker wash without over doing it.

Gr,Ron.

After some ongoing health issues I am getting back to this one. :unsure:

I added a slightly darker wash to the figgy and added some more filth/mud with pigments.
The boots are very muddy now,but I protected them with tissue paper so the clamp will not damage them.

I found some old Italeri obstacles and I used Aber Photo Etch barbed wire on one.
The barbed wire first got a bath in brass PE burnishing fluid,after that I painted it with aluminium,but then I decided to give it a rusty look,as it was in cold wet weather for a long time.
Rusty pigment washes were used on the wire.
Wood parts got several layers of wood like shades,enamel washes and mud and fungus like pigments followed.

haac486d.JPG

h60d3e04.JPG

More to come later...

Gr,Ron.

Back