• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix P-40 Oiled up

Looking good Bob!

Looks_Good_GIF.gif

Thanks guys,
So maybe I should have tested brushing a flat coat. I used Liquitex Matt clear coat, mixed with Future (for that leveling effect) and Windex, about the same ratios. Then mopped it on like I did the gloss coat. The flat just dried too fast and left brush marks, build up of the flat material. Poked at it a bit this am, a wet sanding is removing a good bit so I might salvage it yet. Maybe some retarder mixed it would have helped.

For the point of this exercise I'm calling it done. You can brush paint oils to a smooth finish. (y)

If you apply a substance thinned with the same thinner as the layer below it, what do you think will happen? :smack

Guess you found out. :rotf

That custom OD looks pretty damn good. How much of Plasmo video did you follow?

Thank you John, I followed it pretty close except the end where he used rattle can for clear coat. Maybe adding some flat medium to Future would have worked better, might try that if I get around to wet sanding it all to clean up the brush marks from the quick drying flat coat.

Hey MP, Looks very nice. Warhawks are not my thing as I always liked the Kittyhawk p40e better but you have done a nice job just the same.
I would add some very small exposed dull aluminium chips around the side engine panels were they would remove them for access. Make the scratches and chips very small and at a minimum and it will bring the nose area to life! (y)

Ian.

Back