• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 Hs129 B2 variant -Complete

Phil

I'm still doing the F4 J which is annoying me so pulled this one out a few nights back and committed to it

DSC_3199h.jpg

I'm doing a variant that was fitted with the 37mm cannon
129B2_37mm.jpg

DSC_3224h.jpg

DSC_3223h.jpg

I need to check what makings this aircraft had but like the blue spinner spirals and blue letters so may go with those.

Using Master Model barrels, and I have started the engine, the Verlinden set also has all control surfaces and flaps so will be cutting the kit ones off and posing the resin replacements.
DSC_3215h.jpg

not forgetting the pit area
DSC_3217h.jpg

Where I'm at - very early days!

As you know I hate non rotating props with a passion - the resin set gives a solid engine without prop shaft holes.

I devised a way to make this rotate, first glued the engine front on for a drilling guide, drilled through so the prop shaft fitted in, then drilled back the opposite side with a larger drill bit to accommodate Hasegawa's poly cap.

DSC_7518a.jpg

you can see the two different hole diameters
DSC_7516a.jpg

To keep the poly cap from moving away from the prop shaft i cut a piece of round scrap sprue and fitted it into the larger hole behind the poly cap. With these in place, glued the back plate on, this allows me to remove and replace the prop at any time, the poly cap holds the prop in and spins very free.

DSC_7520a.jpg

DSC_7521a.jpg

also have these for the kit
DSC_3216h.jpg

Re: Hasegawa 1/48 Hs129 B2 variant

Very cool!! I think I have that kit.

Terry (y) :popcorn

Wow- that looks like a great project, Phil! My kinda stuff- cheers!

Very cool. I have a couple of these in 1/32. I'm sure this will inspire me.
James

Cool aircraft, I have one in the stash for a Romanian smile:

HenschelHs-129.jpg

Regards,

Thanks guys! would be good to build this bird with all you guys doing one also!

Chuk thanks!!
Wow- that looks like a great project, Phil! My kinda stuff- cheers!
I'm way out of your league but will give it a good shake as best I can ! fingers X anyhow!!

One question on this bird - it shows a radio set on the port side, on the stb side there is a marked panel the same as the port side - any ideas what was behind this, the Quick boost radio set ( instructions say to fit on port side) is different than the radio set included in the Verlinden resin set (port side as well)

So we follow the instructions on the engine - part 11 to 14 - part 5 to part 11 - good thing I used blu tack for part 5 !

DSC_7758x1.jpg

if you do this, P5 to P 11, when you go to attach the exhaust ring - the exhaust tubes that fit onto the cylinders do not
reach.

you can see where the 3 red dots are, where they join to the cylinders corectly,

so does P5 go on after?
DSC_7760x1.jpg

Apparently not...... :S
DSC_7761x1.jpg

P 5 will not fit inside P 18 attached to P 11 nor will it reach P 11 from the inside.

DSC_7764x1.jpg

well at least all the pushrods and curved exhaust piping is done
DSC_7765e1.jpg

DSC_7766e2.jpg

:pinch: :pinch: :pinch: Good thing you dont do this in 72 Phil.

:rotf As I keep saying , nothing hardly fits in 1/72 scale .

It's looking very busy though :)

By the way, the only reference I could find for the side panels is a radio in the right side ( I'm no sailor ) . That side also shares the pneumatic charging point for the weapons.

I thing the left side panel might be the backside of the radio set, since the fuselage is so narrow.

Cheers, Christian B)

Yikes!~ One thing I've found with aftermarket engines is they don't fit the kit. sending :zen

Part 18 should be thin nacelle skinning but I think it is solid for strength. So, leave part 5 off so you can fit it to the engine mount ring.

The following images are from the manuals I have:

GR14M4.jpg

GR14M2a.jpg

GR14M2plan.jpg

As for the hatches, they depend on the variant. The radio is accessed correctly from the port side, note that the Hs 129 used the FuG 7a on early aircraft then the FuG 16z. The starboard panel is to access cabling and the larger one for the electrical supply.

Hs129Bhatches1.jpg

Hs129Bhatches2.jpg

Hs129Bhatches3.jpg

I have one manual specifically for the armament of the Hs 129 B-2 but such details tend to bog people down.

Regards,

Thanks Saul excellent references again! Ace Bud!

yes part 18 is thick to replace the amount cut from the kit nacelle front I would guess, I will cut part5 down somewhat so it forms a bit of support for the bottom of the engine otherwise it is just held in place by the extended short exhaust stacks that have to be glued on a bit later.

My pushrod work is a bit haphazard! used .20 plastic rod but it will do plus there were two intake resin pieces missing one short and one long so scratched those, painted up they can't really be picked unless you use a magnifying glass :)

The radio in the quickboost set is the newer one I think, the Verlinden one looks like an old rad box from a Me110, also the QB is set inside a box which will give it a better dimension when in place.

Very interesting subject, I bought one in Revell re-boxing, so this will be very very interesting to watch Phil and AM stuff is excellent B) :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Using Sauls great pics and diagrams I fixed the engine woes and also found where a part goes that the instructions do not show, that's a double/triple thank you Saul! (y)

pics later - not much really to see at the moment!

some progress, so far cut flaps elevators and radio box and dry fitted the parts.

engine blu tacked on looks much better now!

I may just use the kit rudder posed to one side, it's easily scored to do this, the resin part isn't much better

one very annoying thing with the Verlinden set is the elevators are identical with the actuators the same way up so you have one on top and one one the bottom.

DSC_7851x1.jpg

DSC_7852x1.jpg

DSC_7853x1.jpg

DSC_7855x1.jpg

I think this bird will look pretty bitchin' with that 37 mm cannon poking out in front!

Back