• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

frankenfort ........finished

frankenfort ......bombadier station

many many thanks for the kind words.

like i said this is the prebuild for the clear sided fort. i want to go through the motions for what i have and what i want to do.

joe

Shalom.

I forgot that this was a test project. If you do as well with the clear sided Fort as you have with this one it's going to be one awesome museum quality model.

Good luck and cheers.

frankenfort ......bombadier station

tank many many thanks.

joe

Shalom Joe.

I only stated the truth. That current build is awesome. A second improved build will be worthy of a museum piece.

Ever hear the story of the long overdue Fortress in England?

As time went by and the last of the stragglers came in and landed. More time passed and one Fort was still missing. The airbase crew knew that too much time had passed and that the plane must have gone down somewhere. But wait! way off in the distance the sound of one Fortress engine could be heard. Soon a speck appeared in the sky and slowly got bigger. The watchers were amazed to see an engine with a waist gunner sitting astride it with his machine gun. He made a perfect no wheels landing, got off and said to the astounded watchers, "Boys, did we ever have a fight!"

Cheers

frankenfort ......control sticks

:blush: :blush:

tank many thanks again.

ok here is what i worked on last night.

on the left is the "kit" part on the right is my rendition from looking a few pictures.

control-stick-5_zpsc7fbfa1d.jpg

control-stick-3_zpsd1a3beb8.jpg

control-stick-2_zpsda02061d.jpg

control-stick-1_zps77506f05.jpg

what do you think????

comments, critiques, and criticisms are encouraged.

joe

Looks to me that the shaft coming off the control column is way thick and long. I'm just using google image search to see.
take a look here, http://www.vg-photo.com/bombers/b17wt1.html

b17w-03.jpg

I dont know, but it seems a bit too thick, while the kit one doesnt seem hefty enough. I cant find any clear pictures though. Here are a couple that might help a bit more and found something else that might be of use.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davepickettphotographer/8515132543/sizes/c/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davepickettphotographer/8516248010/sizes/c/

http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/B17STUFF.html
James

mp, james thank you for the feedback. greatly appreciated. i will be reworking these, they are out of scale.

joe

frankenfort ......the pits........begins

update.

ive figured the sticks will stay (dont have the right rod/tube to make replacements). so i wanted to see what it looked like.

pit-7_zpsf634f54c.jpg

pit-11_zps8b29796b.jpg

pit-10_zpsa5f98911.jpg

pit-9_zps5f48e16b.jpg

pit-8_zps95d1a5c6.jpg

so i added a few other things.

pit-6_zps978a45c7.jpg

pit-5_zps41f425cf.jpg

pit-4_zpsa8ae746d.jpg

pit-3_zpse3b01129.jpg

now nothing is set yet. white glue, the duck tape of the modeling world. still have some things to look at and some things to trim.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

frankenfort ......the pit contiues...

well i just cannot leave well enough alone.

here is where she sits at the moment. added a few details and have more to add still.

pit-15_zps8228133d.jpg

pit-16_zps3004ffc8.jpg

pit-12_zps0d2f6f92.jpg

pit-13_zpsd84a7508.jpg

pit-14_zpsb442dd7f.jpg

joe

*BEAUTIFUL! ABSOLUTELY STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!* When she's finished do NOT be surprised if the engines start on their own! That'll be The Ghost of a crew finding a home.

Marvelous dedication and attention to detail.

Cheers

many many thanks for such kind words.

tank in the end i just hope i do a passable attempt at this build. much of this still looks sloppy at best.

joe

frankenfort ......bulkheads

and after some confusion on a bulkhead issue we continue. if working on one why not more.

got caught up in adding stuff to bulkheads.

first the fix.

bulkheads-1_zps1322634f.jpg

bulkheads-2_zps015b03ad.jpg

bulkhead 5

bulkheads-3_zps2429f651.jpg

bulkheads-4_zps5ac35d80.jpg

bulkhead 6

bulkheads-5_zps1eb40c17.jpg

bulkheads-6_zps46453aab.jpg

notice that these are not complete. still have much to do. i just got on a bit of a roll.

joe

frankenfort ......bulkheads

Lookin' good, Joe! Nice work on the radio compartment, and those o2 bottles are cool, too. I saw one at a flea market- what a neat artifact it was!

Back