• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

frankenfort ........finished

frankenfort ......body shots

well an update of sorts.

it seems to all fit. only issue was after i took these pics i managed to open the seam down the underbelly between the bomb bay and belly turret. got that repaired then got a coat of flat black on it (god that was a lot of paint) for checking my sanding work.

full-body-4_zps0e387187.jpg

full-body-1_zpsa051dae7.jpg

full-body-3_zpse3460857.jpg

full-body-2_zpsf2a0d88f.jpg

hopefully there isnt much to touch up and i can get the gloss black on in the next day or so.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

frankenfort ........pretty colors

well we have paint.

this is not the result i had in mind, the alclad is very touchy stuff. if you spray too heavy or let it build up too much in one outing you get a very poor, rough, dull finish. almost pitted. that happened to me. i resprayed some with gloss black and then resprayed the alclad. better results. still not what i had in mind or hoped for but i can live with this.

paint-1_zps4de64b01.jpg

paint-4_zpsc90cbad0.jpg

paint-3_zpse8ac5fb5.jpg

paint-2_zps442bfcf8.jpg

like i said it isnt what i had in mind but i can live with it.

comments, criticism, and critiques are encouraged.

joe

Shalom.

It looks like you've stumbled upon a fantastic weathering technique there. It looks great!

Are you still planning another one?

Cheers

thanks all for checking in.

tank i appreciate that. i dont know if i stumbled on to it or if i am just lucky or if you are just too kind. i am still planning another although i dont know if that one will be nmf.

joe

thanks all for checking in.

tank i appreciate that. i dont know if i stumbled on to it or if i am just lucky or if you are just too kind. i am still planning another although i dont know if that one will be nmf.

joe

Joe, I'n just telling it as I see it. VBG

When you look at a real aircraft with NMF you see that a lot of panels are different shades. Plus during WW2 these Fortresses had a lot of panels replaced due to battle damage.

Cheers from Peter

frankenfort ........the doors

well an update is in order.

the doors.

yep

door-2_zps3153f0ca.jpg

door-1_zps42a07465.jpg

door-3_zps0e101920.jpg

still a bit of detail work to do on them but they are mostly done.

joe

Shalom Joe.

The doors are looking pretty good. What do you use to bend the wire for the 'loops' on them? I had to make lifting handles for the 1/32 scale 20 mm magazines on my USN PT boat and I made them by pressing the wire over a tapered needle file. That gave me a straight run with sharp bends at the ends of the run.

If you want to you can see those handles (unpainted) in my 07 Jul 2013 09:49 Post on Page 3 of my PT boat rebuild here:

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/in-the-navy/147227-1-32-scale-lindberg-pt-boat-rebuild-r-c?start=24#154851

Cheers from Peter

peter many thanks, i use wire from speaker cables and then bend them with a smaller needle nose pliers. i flatten them with the same pliers.

arturius many thanks for the kind words.

frankenfort ........engines and things

well here i am again. been way too long since the last update.

so where was i..........................

oh yeah. some detail work.

how about first a redo. a crew access door. i dont like the way this looks. it may be changed.

what it was......

door-1_zps42a07465.jpg

and what it is now.

door-redo_zpsf32c86d4.jpg

like i said, not happy with it. it doesnt have that crisp, clean look that i wanted.

and now the engines.

engine-work_zpsd7fe86e1.jpg

engine-work-2_zpsc354e64e.jpg

joe

Back