• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ford T Ambulans M1917 1/48 Update Feb 11 2017

Ford T Ambulans M1917 1/48 RPM model kit

The train car I'm doing is mine also ... Just my foot has been hurting me when I sit àt the bench, I need a new modeling chair .,. Or drop a few pounds ... I guess I've been eating too much Beer, Bacon & Donuts !!!

Ford T Ambulans M1917 1/48 RPM model kit

Ok here We go ... photos ... I was able to get the new computer built and up and running ... you can talk on-line shopping all you want ... but I dis-agree ... I had the processor on Dec 23 ... after talking to the Fry's rep I had a mother board & memory on Dec 27 ... The new SATA DVD took until Jan 13 to receive ... computer was up at 2:30 last night ...

Now the WW 1 Ambulance build ... I started from open the plastic bag ...

hae600c5.JPG

h0711fd3.JPG

h8892943.JPG

hf80c88e.JPG

h382f8d7.JPG

hd0a81f1.JPG

Chassis is almost finished ... Man this is 1/48 I would hate to do this in 1/72 ... I respect you Mark ...

More later must get back on the bench ... The Donald is tired and fallen down .... :woohoo:

Ford T Ambulans M1917 1/48 Update Jan 14 2017

Well 1/72 has less detail building usualy especialy the older kits I like to build :popcorn

Ford T Ambulans M1917 1/48 Update Jan 14 2017

So that's how you can build them so fast ... :rotf ... this one does have the detail alrighty ...
I have glued this little motor together ... letting it dry now ...

h4a9998b.JPG

Ready for installation after I get the handbrake attached ...

h282ad25.JPG

Ford T Ambulans M1917 1/48 Update Jan 26 2017

Looking good I need to get my posterior in gear and finish mine only 5 days left.

Thanks Dave & MP ... Yes since you started this ... better get to crackin' :bat

all righty then I moved on to the body while waiting for stuff to dry on the frame ...

h6646095.JPG

I also was able to get the exhaust pipe & manifold on ...

h18a1ef2.JPG

I hope it starts coming together faster ... I need to go and get some more primmer paint to continue ... :soldier

Update time ... Lets see where was We ??? Primmer's on most of the parts ...

hdacb820.JPG

Motor's in handbrake & and frame is done & primed ...

h7ff4678.JPG

h25e4373.JPG

Working on the cargo compartment ...

hdb3f16a.JPG

hb9980c0.JPG

I added the bottom of cargo box & floorboard of Ambulance ...

h122a955.JPG

And the radiator .... is on ... looks like I need to work on the wheels ....

h64da7a1.JPG

Last night I was putting on the lower radiator hose & it has gone missing, I hope I didn't launch it with my tweezers ... :eek:hmy: :(

Nice, hope those fumes didn't get ya when that primer hit that styrofoam. :popcorn

Nice, hope those fumes didn't get ya when that primer hit that styrofoam. :popcorn

It was a bit strong ... But I survived You shouldn't go to wally world to buy primmer as they only had Automotive think God it didn't melt the Styrene ... I think your speaking as the voice of Experience ... :rotf

Very nice. If you can't find the hose. a piece of solder will work. Gary S.

It was a bit strong ... But I survived You shouldn't go to wally world to buy primmer as they only had Automotive think God it didn't melt the Styrene ... I think your speaking as the voice of Experience ... :rotf

Voice of experience yes but also looking at that molted styro... :blink :blink :blink

Be careful man!

Well I missed this ribbon also ... I took a very bad Head cold w/fever and I don't know where I've been for the last week ... :woohoo: but Alka-Seltzer plus & allergy pills have seen Me through ... Just couldn't make it to the Mancave ... story of My life ... :(

I'll finish Her up ... now that I can Breath better & My Head has come back to regular size ... Mountain cedar is blooming here these 80+ degree days our spring has sprung !!!

Voice of experience yes but also looking at that molted styro... :blink :blink :blink

Be careful man!

Thanks MP ... I'm glad you pointed that out I thought it was strange looking ... We Modelers don't know what We do half the time ... (y)

Sheesh looking better ... I ha e coat of OD green on box now ... Framework done just have to assemble the little parts now ...

h6b858f5.JPG

Found reference photo ... all this area black and box is black ...

h5e63cc7.JPG

Now the frame and other parts painted OD green ( Citadel Castilian Green )

hf07a5ee.JPG

h0431980.JPG

h200306f.JPG

Added gas tank .... Sure hope she don't blow !!!

h120565e.JPG

Body work is coming together ....

hbfcd97a.JPG

ha3fcde9.JPG

There really is a lot to this little kit .... :woohoo:

Back