• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ford T Ambulans M1917 1/48 Update Feb 11 2017

Swordsman

I'll be starting this one ... for this campaign ... maybe this weekend ...

h975d766_2016-02-06-2.JPG

Start-up photos ...

h4c008ae.JPG

h5c00296.JPG

hbd5ee7d.JPG

There you go box is open ... Bag still sealed ... can't find the scissors ... Stay tuned although 1/48 scale very detailed little kit ... :soldier :woohoo: (y)

Ford T Ambulans M1917 1/48 RPM model kit

AWESOME! I've been looking for that kit.

Here are some pictures of a 1917 Model T chassis and running gear.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=167

Note there is some difference, as my Grandfather did some tinkering to fix issues that a '17 T has.

Here is a link on a recreation one that lives in Wichita Kansas

http://www.ww1history.com/Model_T_Project.php

Well Jeff I've been looking for it to today seems that RPM models has been absorbed by a bigger fish ... I guess my box says it was a Squadron exclusive ... I don't know I was build one of these before the parts are tiny ... I broke the wishbone on the rear axle getting it off the sprue ... Thanks for the reference photos ... they look great ... (y)

Very interesting!...unusual scale...following with interest... :popcorn

Luiz.

Thanks Jeff, Luiz, MP & Ed for tuning in I will try to get on this soon ... right now the project in my driveway will have my full attention ... Maybe I'll get a start tonight ...

A special thanks to You Jeff for all the reference material ... If I can't build this thing now it's My fault ... :woohoo: (y)

I'm lookin' foreward to ya gittin' on with this here build Gerry. (y) Why? Well, back in the late 1920s my great great grandfather Harvey Day packed up his wife & kids into an old 1917-18(?) truck in Gary, Indiana and came west to Calif. {I'll dig out the story as there's a couple pics/ drawings & better description of the truck} Him & his brother made a box on the back.

AWESOME! I've been looking for that kit.

Here are some pictures of a 1917 Model T chassis and running gear.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=167

Note there is some difference, as my Grandfather did some tinkering to fix issues that a '17 T has.

Here is a link on a recreation one that lives in Wichita Kansas

http://www.ww1history.com/Model_T_Project.php

Thanks for the photos ... and the help with the extra parts ... keep a eye peeled for a incoming package Jeff you may be surprised ... :woohoo: :hmmm (y)

I'm lookin' foreward to ya gittin' on with this here build Gerry. (y) Why? Well, back in the late 1920s my great great grandfather Harvey Day packed up his wife & kids into an old 1917-18(?) truck in Gary, Indiana and came west to Calif. {I'll dig out the story as there's a couple pics/ drawings & better description of the truck} Him & his brother made a box on the back.

Brave man and family, I'm a bit disappointed you don't have a long lost cousin who changed a tire on Ernest Hemingways ambulance in WWI. :salute

:rotf :rotf :tomato

Brave man and family, I'm a bit disappointed you don't have a long lost cousin who changed a tire on Ernest Hemingways ambulance in WWI. :salute

:rotf :rotf :tomato

Interesting journey to say the least. Haven't come acrossed Ernest yet.... :pilot

Ok, dug out the story. Harvey Day traded a 1912 Model T Ford fora 1919 Model T truck that didn't have a body on it. So, him & his brother built a 9 foot x 4 foot box, mounted on 4x6 timbers, 9 foot long. The sides of the box were covered screens & outside were oil cloth curtains. They left Gary, IN 9 OCT 1921.

Screened in back porch. You got the dimensions so git'er done. (y)

Ok I Started This last Year ... It turned out to be a bad year for me...alot has happened in my life, so time to get with it... if Dave Can do it ... I can too ... :soldier

Ok Dave I have the kit in my hands bags sealed ... bang a gong get it on ... :Hiay :soldier

All righty then ... Started on model T ...its a little thing. I'll post some photos in the AM when I get to work, I was able to get most of the under carriage done must wait for cement to dry ... Motor is next ... I think I'll paint it rusty green ... :woohoo:

cool good to see your back at the bench with your own stuff :popcorn

Back