• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Call to Arms: The Duke's T-14 Armata Tank in 1/72

Duke Maddog

Okay, here is one of my two Threads for the projects I'm building for this campaign. This model is the 1/72 scale Modelcollect T-14 Armata; the newest tank to be developed by Russia for their army:

WIP_CTA_III_T-14_Armata_Tank_I.jpg

WIP_CTA_III_T-14_Armata_Tank_II.jpg

This is the progress I made at Hobby Day on this model.

I started out with the turret; getting it all assembled, but not adding any of the detail pieces yet. This kit does come with an beautifully turned brass barrel:

WIP_CTA_III_T-14_Armata_Tank_III.jpg

Next I moved on and added all the roadwheels to the lower hull:

WIP_CTA_III_T-14_Armata_Tank_IV.jpg

Afterward I assembled all the parts to the upper hull, adding the side skirts and hatches, but none of the photo etch yet:

WIP_CTA_III_T-14_Armata_Tank_V.jpg

There were two boxes that went on in the back of the upper hull so I added the upper and lower hulls together to make sure they sat in the proper position:

WIP_CTA_III_T-14_Armata_Tank_VI.jpg

Since I had these together, why not add the turret to see what this looks like? This is one beefy looking tank! That turret looks too small on top of that monstrosity:

WIP_CTA_III_T-14_Armata_Tank_VII.jpg

That's all I got done on that so far. Stay tuned for more as I hope to make further progress on this soon.

Thanks for the great replies guys!

Chad, This company makes excellent models that fit together extremely well. They do have some issues with the photo etch slat armor though; only in that it is very difficult to assemble. The detail is amazing too. This one had quite a surprise inside with that metal barrel, I was not expecting that.

Thanks Luiz!

Bob, it is; I am so surprised at how quickly this assembles. However, I expect t to slow down once I try to assemble the slat armor.

Thanks Mike! I shall :soldier on!

Back