• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FAA Corsair

Very interesting to watch this beautiful kit unfold James. :D

Good seeing you enjoying it to the fullest (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Well disaster has struck. Not paying attention to what I am doing and I made the inner left flaps using the up position. It would not fit well at all so I looked again and puzzled it out. I managed to get the flaps apart, but they look crappy. Am putting a request in to Tamiya and hope I can get new ones reasonably inexpensively. I guess I can do the right inner flaps, landing gear, and the vertical stab while I wait. Very disappointed with myself. :bang head
James

Don't let that stop you James. See if you can clean up that flap with some putty and sanding. :zen

Show it who's the boss, no more Mr Nice Guy (an obvious Alice Cooper reference :D )

(y) :soldier

Okay I have buffed it out all I can and hope after some paint no one will know about the flap. Getting closer to the paint stage btw. Maybe be able to do it this weekend I hope.

DSC03676.JPG

DSC03677.JPG

DSC03678.JPG

Bottom pic you can just make out the damage. Left inboard as you look at it.

James

Damage?? I don't see no damage hoss...Get some GOOD primer on that bad boy and let's get jiggy wit it! :popcorn

Thanks guys, appreciate the boost. I think the only thing left is stress marks on the plastic and I hope they disapear under a coat of paint. Will know better then if there are any imperfections. Thinking I should get another as punishment and do it in USN livery with flaps up and wings folded. :hmmm :evil: :D
James

Well, I do see a line :S but I don't know that it will show after the primer . It it does, just buff a little more (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back