• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FAA Corsair

Looks good James. :good:
My bird(F100D)in Nam got a new camo job while in the field maint. shop and it wasn't even either.

Tony lee :)

Thanks all. Gloss coated this morning and just added the left side decals. More tomorrow.

DSC03690.JPG

And have started looking at this for the next project.

DSC03691.JPG

Found a correction set for it with new nose, spats, and props here http://www.fawcettmodelsandpatterns.co.uk/

IMG_0051.JPG

James

Keep your eye on the ball James! :smack

:drinks

This is going to be great!! :pilot :pilot :popcorn

Keep your eye on the ball James! :smack

I'm with Young Lunar Dog on this, James. You've invested so much effort, skill and presumably pennies on this, just follow it through to the weathering & finishing-off and do it proud. Love the Ju87 Project tho'

:popcorn

Ian

Decaling is proceeding. Just need to look for something for after and the Stuka is something I have wanted to build for a while.
James

Hi James,

Your Corsair is really looking good (y) (y) (y) Nice to see it wearing something besides blue!
Are you using the kit masks for the canopy?

Randy

Well its done now. All decals on. Tomorrow a gloss coat and then the weathering. I like it.
Randy yes the masks are the Tamiya ones. A bit disappointed that they are not pre cut, but it did not take a lot to do it myself. They have a clever way of making the compound curves and I think it works quite well.
Without further adieu.

DSC03695.JPG

DSC03694.JPG

DSC03693.JPG

DSC03692.JPG

Oh and the tires are just white glued on while I wait for my resin ones to come.

Comments and or critiques welcome.
James

NAILED the antenna! What did you use for wire and the spring? Everything I use ends up being too elastic, that turn where it hooks to the insulator turns out to be a curve.

(y)

I made the antenna wire from EZ Line and the spring from some very fine beading wire. I made the ends using some fine round nose pliers and wound the spring on a fine drill bit. Not sure what you are asking about a curve?
James

Back