• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FAA Corsair

Got some time in today. Landing gear are really cool. Just amazing how well this goes together. I didnt do so well on the wings, but it will look okay, not great, but okay. The little doors that open doring wing fold are a pain to install, but very very cool. Some bits and bobs to finish, some masking to do and painting will commence. Very excited about this.

DSC03681.JPG

DSC03680.JPG

DSC03679.JPG

James

Got the masking on and the bottom coat painted. Maybe tomorrow I can get the top grey coat on.

DSC03683.JPG

DSC03684.JPG

DSC03685.JPG

DSC03686.JPG

James

Initial paint is done. I tried to make it rough as all the pics I have found the OD looks very uneven and rough. Might have to go over this again. Not sure if it will look better after I gloss coat and weather. Tomorrow is another day anyways.

DSC03689.JPG

DSC03688.JPG

DSC03687.JPG

Comments and critiques welcome.
James

If you're trying to make it look field applied, well done! You get some clear coats and weathering on it it'll darken up. :popcorn

James I did not see anything that jumps out at me construction or paint that I would say "double check that."

Looking good! (y)

:popcorn

James, the light spots on the camouflage paint are not really a problem. After the markings are on and the weathering is done anything that looks like it might be a defect in the paint job will either not be noticed or will look like its an intended part of the weathering process and actually look better.

Not all full size aircraft had perfect paint jobs on them.

Matrixone

Thanks all. Gloss coated this morning and just added the left side decals. More tomorrow.

DSC03690.JPG

And have started looking at this for the next project.

DSC03691.JPG

Found a correction set for it with new nose, spats, and props here http://www.fawcettmodelsandpatterns.co.uk/

IMG_0051.JPG

James

Back