• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FAA Corsair

Yes they do. The instructions diverge at the wing with one set being unfolded (what I am doing) and the other set being folded. The center spar is one piece either way. This kit is awesome. And the modular construction means a lot of new versions should be in the works.
James

Chuck I agree. It just wasnt doing it for me so I re combined the paints and I think this one works well.
James

Hi James

Looks awesome, love the work you did on the cockpit, everything is coming together nicely.

James

Very nice, James! I think those placards look just fine. The new salmon is definitely an improvement!

Completely agree, that 'salmon' looks just right. Wonder if Tamiya could adapt the basic bits of the R2800 engine for an F6F or P-47 :hmmm

Ian

Thanks. Thoroughly enjoying this build. Warning, read the instructions well and make decisions early, then go through and mark the pertinent instructions. I almost goofed a couple of times. So here it is with wings just sitting in place.

DSC03671.JPG

DSC03670.JPG

DSC03669.JPG

DSC03668.JPG

The wing to fuse did not join as well as I though it should. I must have something misaligned. But it looks okay now.

James

Can tell how much you're enjoying this, James. Does your decal sheet say where the aircraft was based ?? - Reason I'm asking, where we used to live (Liverpool) there were three FAA stations within an hours drive, and I know that F4U's were quite a familiar sight, locally back in the day.

Ian

These ones being early were in the States for training. From Eagle Editions "Nearly 2000 F4U Corsairs were pressed into service with the Fleet Air Arm (FAA) under a Lend-Lease agreement. Of these, 95 were birdcage variants that were designated Corsair 1s. Training was conducted in the U.S. at Quonset Point or Brunswick before the aircraft shipped to the UK. "

I really want to do JT 150 5 F 1835 Sqn 1943 but it has clipped wing tips. I dont feel comfortable doing that and they are not an option in the kit, so I will probably do JT 152 3BH 738 Sqn 1943 .
James

Hello James, Have been following along with the build and have to say I'm impressed by your skills (y) (y) (y) The engine looks superb with your wash and love the cockpit.
It is your fault I ordered one :)

Any recomendations on reference material?

Looking foward to more updates !!!

Randy

You're too kind Randy. This kit just make it look easy :blush:
I have a number of books. Detail and Scale Part 1 is very good. AJ Press Monograf II on the Corsair, Modelers Datafile 19. I will have to go into the shop and get the other titles.
Its a fantastic kit, one thing to be aware of though, its full of options so pick early and mark the ones to do or not to do. I tripped up a couple of times already. You'll love this one.
James

Oh that thing is larger than I thought James.
Looks like the fit is pretty tight too. :eek:hyeah
Your detailing is fine as frog hair so far buddy.

Tony lee :)

I have a number of books. Detail and Scale Part 1 is very good. AJ Press Monograf II on the Corsair, Modelers Datafile 19. I will have to go into the shop and get the other titles.

Are you buying more books?

Regards,

Are you buying more books?

Regards,

I think I have almost everything there is out there. Amazing what I find on my shelves, no wonder they are collapsing under all that weight.
James

Back