• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-7U Cutlass

After a relatively un interrupted decal session today I can say that the decals are all on! Now for an overnight drying and tomorrow a coat of Future. Some odds and ends to add and some light weathering and I think I might be able to call it done.

Anyway here's some pics as she drying
IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Thanks. Just had some tidying up to do on the canopy. Did you know that CHAMPS will dissolve Future? Well It will! Got me a big old fingerprint on the clear part. I took some Windex on a Q tip and mopped it down till the print was gone and did a re-dip. Alls good, but just a word of warning to to ya.

I'm hoping to get some bench time later on today, and hoping to wrap this little bird up in a few days.

As old as that Champs is, I suspect it's fermented some over the years. Might take chrome off a trailer hitch also. :rotf

I "acquired" a full bottle not long ago and no you ain't getting it back! :tomato

As Always thanks for taking the time to look in.

It's getting closer. I have the tires painted and glued on. Got the radome masked off and painted and installed the tail hook. I also fixed a couple of decals that cracked with a dab of paint. and
IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg
painted and installed the exhaust pipes. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a panel wash on and get this up on the shelf by weeks end.

Many thanks.

I thought I had her finished and ready to pose for her glamour shots when I noticed as the last two parts to add were past painted wrong :( . So the elevons are now repainted and drying. It would seem in my haste or just a brain fart I got the tops and bottoms reversed and didn't notice until time to install them. That being said, the final post and pictures will be tomorrow.

What a klutz! :gogo

Many thanks.

I thought I had her finished and ready to pose for her glamour shots when I noticed as the last two parts to add were past painted wrong :( . So the elevons are now repainted and drying. It would seem in my haste or just a brain fart I got the tops and bottoms reversed and didn't notice until time to install them. That being said, the final post and pictures will be tomorrow.

What a klutz! :gogo

Welcome to the Bonehead of the Month Club!! Plenty of us have done that exact same thing Greg. Don't sweat it... :drinks
Lookin' foreward to her glamour shots!!

Yep that was a bone head move! anyway it's all fixed now and she has taken her spot on the shelf.

Here's a picture of the done deal, all the finished pics are in the completion thread.
IMG_1254.jpg

Back