• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-7U Cutlass

dollar19

I"m taking a 2 stroke penalty, playing on here.

I decided to re enter with this Fujimi 1/72 F-7U Cutlass. You don't see too many of these, I had it in the stash so I'm figuring why not.

I know it's flirting with the definition of "modern" but it is post WWII, barely. But I do like it's so ugly it's handsome looks.

Rumor has it that it's Luft 46 inspired.

From WIKIPEDIA: Former Messerschmitt AG senior designer Waldemar Voigt, who supervised the development of numerous experimental jet fighters in Nazi Germany, contributed to its design with his experience in the development of the Messerschmitt P.1110 and P.1112 projects.

So here I go again, new start up pics....

Cutlass%20003.jpg

Cutlass.jpg

Cutlass%20004.jpg

It's a thing only a designer could understand ..... :smack ..... But I think :hmmm She a beautiful Bird ..... :eek:ldguy Good luck $ 19

I certainly would find this interesting . :popcorn I remember seeing one that was professionally built for the USN. museum and it was impressive (y)

I am not aware of any real bird on display :idonno

A Blue Angel? Guess they had to keep that thing really ramped up on RPMs to pull off a show. It is a neat design, shame they never had a power plant that could push it well enough.

:popcorn

Would really be neat in a Luft'46 or even Luft'50 scheme.

A Blue Angel? Guess they had to keep that thing really ramped up on RPMs to pull off a show. It is a neat design, shame they never had a power plant that could push it well enough.

:popcorn

Would really be neat in a Luft'46 or even Luft'50 scheme.

http://www.sandcastlevi.com/air/blues1.htm

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to have fun with this.

Very modest start this morning. There's an internal bulkhead with the compressor faces molded on and a two piece upper and lower ducting. A little silver paint and and a shot of white and there you have it.

Cutlass%20010.jpg

Cutlass%20009.jpg

Cutlass%20008.jpg

(y) This is a fun lil build. I don't recall having any real issues with it. I needta git back on mine & finish up.. :blush: :bang head

Here's a few progress shots. I got slammed at work really hard during June, We opened 7 shows in 6 weeks. I only had the SS&S schedule for a while. Things have slowed down now, so I should be able to get back in the saddle here.
Cutlass%20017.jpg

Cutlass%20018.jpg

Cutlass%20020.jpg

more coming soon.

Back