• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-7U Cutlass

I did finally get to some paint today. Although a modest start on finishing up; any progress is better than none
IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1226_1.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

Nice work!

Unfortunately for Vought, she was a big failure for the company. The Blues flew her to promote the aircraft but didn't care for her. Her nicknames ranged from the "Gutless Cutlass" to the "Ensign Eliminator". Most USN squadrons beached her. Along with her poor engines, the long front landing gear strut caused problems on landing. But Vought being Vought, they bounced back with one of the best jet fighters, in my opinion, the USN ever flew, the F-8 Crusader, the last gunfighter.

A real shame for Vought . I think this bird was probably ahead of the technology available .

Very intriguing design for it's time (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

can you imagine what that thing could have done with a pair of J-79s?? :yipee

Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I'm still on the track for an on time completion.

Near fatal mishap! My 3 yr. old grandson managed to get his hands on the model last night!!!! I always close my hobby room door when he visits mostly to prevent him from gettin hurt. Xactos will mess up a little one, I done enough damage to myself and I'm a pro.

Any whoo the Cutlass suffered some damage, mostly little bits knocked off. All easy enough to repair, just time consuming.
So while things are curing up, I've gotten down to masking the canopy.

Still shooting for an on time completion!

Near fatal mishap! My 3 yr. old grandson managed to get his hands on the model last night!!!! I always close my hobby room door when he visits mostly to prevent him from gettin hurt. Xactos will mess up a little one, I done enough damage to myself and I'm a pro.

Any whoo the Cutlass suffered some damage, mostly little bits knocked off. All easy enough to repair, just time consuming.
So while things are curing up, I've gotten down to masking the canopy.

Still shooting for an on time completion!

I hear ya! My grand nephew will be 2 in DEC and he's big on airplanes! I leave a couple of die cast planes out where he can see them & play with them

The race is on!!
IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

Got the soft white underbelly sprayed tonight. with any luck I can get the gray tomorrow night. I WILL get the done by the dead line! :yipee

I wish I had your confidence!

I finally got to spraying some gull gray on the topside. Let it dry tonight and tomorrow. Then a gloss coat, and decals maybe Friday night.

some pictures
IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

Back