• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-7U Cutlass

Many thanks.
hoping to get some time at the bench today.

I've got a couple of piccys here of the basic fuselage assembled. There's a few little gaps here and there to deal with, particularly around the intakes and the vertical tails. But on the whole, the fit is amazing good for a kit this old.
Cutlass%20002.jpg

Cutlass%20003_2.jpg

Been awhile. I haven't forgotten this just had a lot going on here at casa de dollar. My mother in law has become very ill and the missus and I have had to get her into a full time nursing facility.

This will be home for her till the end. We have been over whelmed in recent weeks with this decision and the resulting changes it has made on our lives. Myself and my wife have had to spend almost all our free time clearing out her apartment and getting stuff moved out before the end of the month.

That accomplished has also meant making room (that doesn't exist) at our house for furniture, heirlooms and whatnot that have landed here. :bang head ! I've had to break down the bench area and move it to another room and I'm now in the process of setting up shop in a smaller and less secluded space. I should be back at it in the near future.

I'm also hoping the the demands on my bench time will also be fewer. The Dreaded "Honey, I need your help with this!" has become our sole means of communication as of late. :D

I just thought I'd let you all know that I'm still here and kicking! I am itching to get back to breaking plastic.

Hang in there Greg, at least she's not saying "Git your lazy @$$ up and git over here and help me already" :smack

:zen

Hang in there Greg! I just got word about my mom's elder sister is having some serious health issues which is pressing on the entire family so, can relate to your situation. It's hard but, sometimes that's gotta be done. For the best.

Been awhile. I haven't forgotten this just had a lot going on here at casa de dollar. My mother in law has become very ill and the missus and I have had to get her into a full time nursing facility.

This will be home for her till the end. We have been over whelmed in recent weeks with this decision and the resulting changes it has made on our lives. Myself and my wife have had to spend almost all our free time clearing out her apartment and getting stuff moved out before the end of the month.

That accomplished has also meant making room (that doesn't exist) at our house for furniture, heirlooms and whatnot that have landed here. :bang head ! I've had to break down the bench area and move it to another room and I'm now in the process of setting up shop in a smaller and less secluded space. I should be back at it in the near future.

I'm also hoping the the demands on my bench time will also be fewer. The Dreaded "Honey, I need your help with this!" has become our sole means of communication as of late. :D

I just thought I'd let you all know that I'm still here and kicking! I am itching to get back to breaking plastic.

Sorry to hear about all the turmoil Greg .

I hope that better times will get there soon . Christian B)

well here i am again! The deadline is fast approaching and I'm having to play catch up. The FUBAR that life has become only seems to get more and more FUBARed. I finally got the bench set up to a some what usable state and pulled this kit back out, hoping to get it finished leisurely with time to spare. THINK AGAIN!

I go to fire up the air compressor and off we go.... Wrong! The motor burned out after about a minute of running. Did't get the tank pressure off the peg. So today was my first chance where both time and funds coincided, and I got to order a new compressor. Shipping is 3 to 5 days so maybe by this time next week I can get some paint shot and have something to show. In the mean time I've been getting the landing gear and antennaes, and probes glued on just to move things along.

Cutlass_2.jpg

Life is relentless ain't it. :bang head

It's how we deal with it that shows how much we drink :drink

Looking good Greg. That's one funky aircraft though, wonder how it would have been as a weapons platform if it had decent engines.

Hang in there Greg ... it's all good ... My Mom's in the last life stages & Her Husband ... My Step-dad is right behind Her ... Their both good people ... and that's what counts ... Nice Aircraft ... I don't know if My Dad worked on those or not ... great progress ... Me My man cave is a work in progress ... I need to get the power moved closer ... so my extension cord isn't so long ... I plugged the Compressor in and smoke & crackling came out of the plug ... and burned the prong right off ... glad they didn't start calling Me Mr. Sparky !!! :salute :salute :salute

good news! My new compressor is here. Fed Ex certainly took their time in getting it to me. Unboxed it last night and gave it it's initial break in run, and closed up the tank drain, gave it some juice, got 100 psi in the tank. This morning it's still holding 100 psi! so no leaks.

Crossing my fingers I'll be able to shoot some paint here over the weekend and get this little Cutlass finished up on time.

Back