• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-4C - Update 19 August

F-4C - Update 26 July

All filling, sanding and polishing done, so ready for masking & painting the base coat.

hfd55561.jpg

h42eaf4b.jpg

he7498fa.jpg

Ian.

F-4C - Update 5 August

he1957cb.jpg

h2f135ad.jpg

State of play at the moment - Base coat of Tamiya glossy black, sealed with a brush-coat of Johnsons Klear/Future. Unfortunately when I came to apply the Alclad around the rear end on Monday, I found that my six-year-old Iwata BR had finally quit on me and the nozzle in my back-up airbrush (an Iwata HP clone), had split and sheared inside the body of the brush... Well that's just perfect... :angry:

So £96.00 later, there's a replacement Iwata on the way from the UK, and I'm not going to be painting any models for a while.

Good job it's 'just a hobby', eh ?

Ian.

edit
Ooohhh look 4,000 posts !! :eek:ldguy

F-4C - Update 5 August

Ugh...that sucks. :angry:

But hey, you at least made some progress...which is more than I can say of late.

F-4C - Update 5 August

Just where the filler was, already been polished back, Bob.

Ian.

F-4C - Update 5 August

Full marks to you :) i never have any luck spraying gloss black, i always seem to get some sort of reaction with the plastic, yours look good :notworthy

F-4C - Update 13 August

New airbrush arrived Thursday, so took it for a test-drive. AK's 'Extreme Metal' - Aluminium. First time using this enamel lacquer and it's bl**dy superb this is just one medium coat applied at around 20psi !!

h60771ff.jpg

h937a77e.JPG

Would love to hear from anyone else here who's used it, let me know how it's gone for you.

Ian.

F-4C - Update 13 August

Looks good Ian, I got a couple of bottles but I haven't been that impressed with them. I was trying the chrome, maybe i had the pressure turned low. You got some good coverage there.

F-4C - Update 16 August

Two coats of Xtracolour enamel 'ADC Grey'

h8172f0f.JPG

haa39457.JPG

h95005eb.JPG

Definitely needs a third thin coat, probably tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

F-4C - Update 16 August

Personally, I think it looks perfect as it is. You are building this though, so you know better. This is most impressive so far. Keep plugging.

Back