• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E-Type jag, Scale = big.

I made up some brake pipes from the servo to the frront with flex pipes to the wheels later

_DSC8796.JPG

_DSC8798.JPG

I have also done the fluid bottles and given them an alloy back plate

_DSC8800.JPG

kit parts

_DSC8801.JPG

_DSC8820.JPG

Strange build this, i am a bit all over the place :)

Paddy, on my car the plate behind the reservoirs was a thin sheet with a flange on the edges. There was asbestos or something like it on the reservoir side.

Today i looked at the doors. You have to have faith that the guy that designed this got it right because the doors are curved and a complicated shape. The body shell needs a corresponding complicated cut out and shape however because the shell at this stage has spring about 25mm /1" narrower than the chassis its really hard to test fit until the chassis and the shell are joined.
The "glass" is badly scratched, its too big to dip in Klear, the screen is about 6" wide, the other complication is the screen is set in a black rubber mount and held in place by a chrome strip, i have no idea how to replicate this. In my experience BMF sticky chrome doesnt stick in small parts.

These are the door parts

_DSC8866.JPG

here is the black part with the visible parts that should be blue covered

_DSC8871.JPG

I have added a couple of strips of BMF ulta chrome to the high points

_DSC8872.JPG

Then filled in the strips above and bellow with some sticky vinal made for covering model car seats. Painted the outer door skins blue as well

_DSC8875.JPG

I dont think i have enough vinal to finish the other door and the only place i can get this is from Spain. UK suppliers of these detail parts for cars and motorcycles are totally useless, everything is listed on their website and marked unavailable.
Its a pet hate of mine when people advertise stuff they dont have, on my website i have hundreds of items and if i dont have something i temporarily remove it. its not rocket science. :)

Today i looked at the doors. You have to have faith that the guy that designed this got it right because the doors are curved and a complicated shape. The body shell needs a corresponding complicated cut out and shape however because the shell at this stage has spring about 25mm /1" narrower than the chassis its really hard to test fit until the chassis and the shell are joined.
The "glass" is badly scratched, its too big to dip in Klear, the screen is about 6" wide, the other complication is the screen is set in a black rubber mount and held in place by a chrome strip, i have no idea how to replicate this. In my experience BMF sticky chrome doesnt stick in small parts.

These are the door parts

View attachment 168267

here is the black part with the visible parts that should be blue covered

View attachment 168268

I have added a couple of strips of BMF ulta chrome to the high points

View attachment 168269

Then filled in the strips above and bellow with some sticky vinal made for covering model car seats. Painted the outer door skins blue as well

View attachment 168270

I dont think i have enough vinal to finish the other door and the only place i can get this is from Spain. UK suppliers of these detail parts for cars and motorcycles are totally useless, everything is listed on their website and marked unavailable.
Its a pet hate of mine when people advertise stuff they dont have, on my website i have hundreds of items and if i dont have something i temporarily remove it. its not rocket science. :)
I don't.

To my surprise both windows do wing up and down and they are actually really smooth
Also been experimenting with the possibility of using BMF for the chrome trim, i have tried several versions of spray chrome ie MRP and Alclad, both work quite well on larger areas but not on strips like roof guttering on the E-type where it just looks gloss black from most angles.

_DSC8876.JPG

_DSC8879.JPG

_DSC8883.JPG

Back