• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DH88 Black Magic

Doc SBS Models has several sexy Italian birds out there. Check them out. Macchi MC 72 and several Fiats.
You are absolutely right. I do have one of those on stash.

What I am talking about is this one here. I have the conversion from Italiankits.com and will use on a normal Sparviero. Just need to get the other projects done first.

1622654160058.png

I think I'm done.

1622859280137.png

1622859293054.png

1622859307481.png

1622859339955.png

I'm not sure i'm going to take both to the show or not. First, both these schemes would not have been sitting together. G-ACSS in this scheme is Australian Anniversary (one of three schemes she wore) not her iconic red Grosvenor House.
Besides, I think Black Magic is better build (If I can say so myself).
From what I've read the only time all 3 initial Comets would have been on the field together was the start of the MacRobertson Race where Grosvenor House, Black Magic and the "Green One" G-ACSR.

Only other thing I may do is flat coat the control surfaces but I doubt I will.

Thanks for your support during this!

Last edited:
A beautiful finish! :vgood:
That's an interesting bit of aviation history. It is rare indeed when a DC-2 is thought of as a racing airplane. Given the reputation of the Gee-Bee that entry would be surprising too. :hmm:

Back