• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MacRobertson Air Race Line up

Nice save! I can easily see how much more accurate the 1/72 SBS DH.88 Comet is than the 1957 Airfix tooling. I suspect a new tool 1/72 Comet is on the way from jolly old England. Time will tell.

Years ago I got a bag full of gently used rasp and bits from my dentist. They have come in hand lately.

First, secure the green one and clean up the broken tail skid. Pull out the jig @jknaus was so kind to send me and then razor saw down the middle of the mount that it attaches. Open up that slot with increasing sizes of rasp, ignoring the pain they caused some poor soul during a root canal. Then get some bits of brass shaped up with the dremal.

1713832689843.png

Liberal application of thin CA and I think I got it.
1713832801406.png

It might stand a bit proud, I could sand it down a smig. I'll probably get back to some painting tomorrow.

Back