• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH 1/32 DNF but still trying

DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH MatchBox 1/32

All Joking Aside fellers, Here we go again with My Build ... :bat

h40a970e.JPG

h60a0cba.JPG

h1d5d416.JPG

h0772b03.JPG

hf471b80.JPG

h14a42d3.JPG

All the fuse has been painted wait for some of the motor covers & struts to dry, then final assembly

C&C Welcome - I must fly :pilot back to the Hanger !!! Roger Over :woohoo:

DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH MatchBox 1/32 - Update !!

Ok Time to up date this thing Motor done, bottom wings on floats nearly ready Tail & stabilizer on ... :pilot

1st the Motor ... In different stages of assembly ... :pilot

h1d3848b.JPG

h25744de.JPG

hc6be8ed.JPG

hcb0c066.JPG

h9a1af46.JPG

Next Up are the floats decals are old so they are on the best as can be expected ... :pilot

h9813d2d.JPG

hcebb90b.JPG

hc5718a4.JPG

Next installed motor & top wing supports

h409c519.JPG

h74ee56a.JPG

h04451c9.JPG

Next we have the Tail & stabilizer on .... :pilot

h66251be.JPG

Bottom wings on and drying then the upper Wing & the Floats ... And she's ready to fly ... :pilot

h2a48623.JPG

DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH MatchBox 1/32 - Update !!

Well I've fought the good fight, today she's almost ready to show, top wing is on pics maybe, I just need to get the floats on & decals and She'll be done ... going to pack it in for tonight, then hit it early in the morning ... night all ... :good:

h1e2594b.JPG

h23456db.JPG

ha9d90ea.JPG

h4f4f065.JPG

h665b79e.JPG

h5f9ea39.JPG

Here's where I'm at windscreens have been painted ... That's all folks ... :soldier I fought hard ... I'll get Her by tomorrow ... C-Ya !!! ... :pilot

C&C Welcome - Gerry _ signing off .. :salute

DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH 1/32 (Down To The Wire)

Thanks Luiz, This is a very fun kit, I hope a different company, makes one like it with improvements, Thanks for tagging along, this flight is nearly over ... :pilot

I didn't know you were building this as a floater???? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:bat

I should have been following more closely!

:smack

Looking grand Gerry!

I really like the orange and silver scheme you are going with. hope those struts for the floats don't give you any issues!!

:popcorn

Git sum, Gerry! :)

Well there might be a Wall of death or Brick of Doom soon ... The top wing has fallen off three times ...
And She refuses to stand up letting Her dry until tonight ... :( :silly: :pilot

h4673bf5.JPG

h7bd72a3.JPG

I remember why I Hate Biplanes now ... What will be Her Fate Tune in same Plane channel same Plane time ... :pilot

Bi-planes are a pain at the best of times....add floats to them and they become a nightmare!!!

It's looking good Gerry, don't loose your patience with it!!!

:zen :zen :zen

Bi-planes are a pain at the best of times....add floats to them and they become a nightmare!!!

It's looking good Gerry, don't loose your patience with it!!!

:zen :zen :zen

Thanks for the help Warren, It'll be all right I just procrastinated on this one now She's fighting back at least the prop is on, the decals, have the protective paper & the decal fused together, I managed to get them ready. Then the floats fell off twice, Going to work now I need a rest. I've been in Modeling Hell .... :pilot

Gladta see yer getting the upper hand on her Gerry!! :bat (y) Ya got alot further on this than I did with the Hanriot HD1 I put back in the box :blush:

Well The floats are on the top wing is on, They are drying as We speak. She's still upside down so, I'm going to cut out the decals. I'm gonna grab a byte, then get back on it ... :pilot

What is that orange colour by the way????

Don't bother answering until you are done!

What is that orange colour by the way????

Don't bother answering until you are done!

I'm Done I quit, It hit the brick wall Nothing fits this isn't A kit you can rush, never Mind, I hang up My tools, leave the modeling to someone who model .... :bat :bat :bat

Warren: The color is true red Tamiya Pure Red TS-85 My camera changes the tone somewhat, She' sure is prudy bright red.

Ag no man she was looking real sweet also :frantic

Yes My Best Yet, only a few other modelers thought so, Let's face it I'm no modeler. And this isn't Facebook. The Tiger Moth isn't smashed really with the brick the plastic was so old that the glue wouldn't stick, It's just in a pile the way it collapsed, on the bench. I am a good modeler, and I'm a innovator, this may intimidate some Here. I'm thinking of doing the struts that keep failing in brass, so there may be life yet for the Tiger Moth, Just no campaign ribbon. I just laid around, and played around this old forum too long. :woohoo:

Ok on the advise of a very good forum friend, I need to ask how to get the wing struts & float struts to stick to the plastic, in this old Matchbox kit.

I like the detail so much that I have considered buying another off of Ebay. It is a very nice, maybe the pilots aren't quite to scale, that could be fixed, with some 1:32 RAF pilots the motor could be detailed more.

My thoughts are make the struts out of brass, which I'm sure I could do maybe add some cross bracing, rods out of smaller brass wire. any thoughts on cement, I've tried Testors Orange tube & CA both won't stick. If I did brass I would extend the tabs so they could be slotted into the fuselage.

Back