• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH 1/32 DNF but still trying

DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH MatchBox 1/32

How you doing on this one Gerry, if you haven't noticed time is running out !

Time is relative Old Dog, just been hard to find any family latey :idonno

Time is relative Old Dog, just been hard to find any family latey :idonno

I spend lots of time here talking to myself, in going over all this, ya'll started a Journey, a sojourn, a quest. things have been taking up my time, One of my commissioned builds was put on hold when, My Customer passed away. Then last month my Web designer passed away, throw in some modeling shows & train shows, trying to pay the bills, the owner of my hobby shops building selling said building, Me trying to reorganize and I've been over-whelmed semi-depressed. I wish I could be like Ed and others who can afford to retire, but I spent all the money on Wine, Women & song, so now I'm paying the piper. Ok I went over this, found only one post I hadn't answered, Ed you can't remember Me starting this as, It was a virgin Kit, the one you remember is the 1/24 Spad, made by ROG, that had so many pin marks, I shelved it. So now as to wither I can finish this, good question. I wish I could find My opti-visors, My Cataracts are causing Me not to be able to see very well, my Lighted magnifier isn't much help ...

hfdc2e19.JPG

h48e32af.JPG

h3b346f8.JPG

So I'll see if I can mount a piece of 2X4 on this ledger, drill a hole for the lamp, find some screws to replace the bad ones.

hfecdc41.JPG

So in the question am I going to finish, fired me up to find the Tiger, found the kit box over on the shelf of scheduled work, but the main bits were over here under about 4 months of piling projects, I rearranged all this area, for a staging area, to get-R-Done. If you dd on top of this stuff fact that my Mom has dementia, So my life has had lots of ups & downs. but this is where the kit stands. and I am determined to :soldier On. :woohoo:
h5a27ddc.JPG

Pilot seats painted

hf39eee1.JPG

Pilots ready for some painting, not sure of RAF uniforms for this era.

hf9aaf57.JPG

Floats ready for primer

hc4f1157.JPG

I need to touch-up these controls

hfe2e62b.JPG

I must repaint all this stuff to finish Office or school house however ya'll look at it. Other than that my life is a bowl of cherries.

Not trying to stress you out Gerry, modeling is supposed to be a stress reliever not a stress generator. Just trying to give everyone a friendly nudge. I've had more than one of those lamp mounts fail, I usually just toss them and a drill a hole to fit the shaft on the lamp in something solid close by.

I know Gary, I didn't mean to point any finger's if anything you got me fired back up, I'm going to drill a hole just like you said, But I really miss my opti-visors, I can't find the paint that I used on the fuse, I'll keep looking, there will be something new tonight. this little tiger will be done with out the rigging of the wings, which I may do later, who know it could happen before Dec. :woohoo: :pilot :woohoo:

I wish I could be like Ed and others who can afford to retire, but I spent all the money on Wine, Women & song, so now I'm paying the piper. Ok I went over this, found only one post I hadn't answered, Ed you can't remember Me starting this as, It was a virgin Kit, the one you remember is the 1/24 Spad, made by ROG, that had so many pin marks, I shelved it. So now as to wither I can finish this, good question. I wish I could find My opti-visors, My Cataracts are causing Me not to be able to see very well, my Lighted magnifier isn't much help ...

Gerry, I aint retired. Just totally unemployed & unable to find work :blush: Unable to do much with my achin' back :pinch: :bang head Gettin' :eek:ldguy is a pita!!

Thanks for clarifying this isn't the 1/24 you started. I recall all them pin marks,etc. Good luck on gettin' her done!! :zen :zen :zen I hope ya find yer Optivisor. I know it helps. As fer the mag lamp, just drill a hole in the 2 x 4 :good:

But Ed, your retired if you can't work, :rotf I'm trying to fire you up, listen I've been in the tube, I've been Cat scanned because of my Cancer, it wasn't funny, when the machine Clicks it's time to hold your breath, no big deal it's over in about 1 minute. You want to be better Get-R-Done Buddy. I may not be afraid of being in tight spots, but the tube is your friend :zen :zen :zen , it wants to help you so just relax and let it.

I still can't find that Paint I used on the inside of the Moth, but looking is clearing lots of real estate in the Bunker. be patient, I'll get to moving on this this weekend, Oh We had all that rain - Now the Blue Northern is coming Sunday Morning :eek:hmy: :woohoo: :drinks

Ok onward through the Fog, Air brush working so far, blew some RAF blue or close to it on this one & also painted the floats red where they need it.

h3af2be5.JPG

hefb60d5.JPG

I'll let these guys dry a bit then do the detail work on them, right now they need to take a seat. :good:

h6bbacfc.JPG

I painted the floats red, but think I'll paint them flat red, too bright with the Tamiya ... :good:

Thanks Fellers Ih ave a bito f a Update, this morning ... :pilot

hf77fe36.JPG

h9158764.JPG

hf91c518.JPG

I painted the pilots a bit last night ... It really helps I fixed the magnifying lamp yesterday ... :pilot I have some touch up and some seams that need fixing, but this is the colors the matchbox kit calls out, or close, I really love that airbrush glad I got over my fear ... :good:

h27922b6.JPG

h7d9671e.JPG

hea421ce.JPG

I looked the instructions over & found I had mis-read the color icon and have painted the fuse wrong color inside. Ya'll were so nice not to say anything, so this is almost ready to close the Fuse.

:hmmm So, what is the color call out for the interior on this? Seein' how ya brought it to our attention... :popcorn

h24b55c6_2015-11-24.JPG

This is the color they Were ... :facepalm

h7d9671e_2015-11-24.JPG

The color I painted them, Interior Green ... :woohoo:

Back