• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH 1/32 DNF but still trying

Here's an idea: Now that it's apart, apply the decals now. That way, when you finish assembling this; you won't have to handle it as much. Get the decals on, seal them under a glosscoat and/or dullcoat and then get the repairs done. After that, she'll be ready for the shelf.

Also, if you carry K&S (I believe that's the name) they have bass rod. Otherwise, maybe try scraping paint from the join areas and drill out the paint from the holes and try again with a hotter glue.

I'm going to do that I went to Dallas to get some Micro-sol to soften them a bit, just they didn't have any, wish I had of need that Brass then I could have bough some while @ Hobby Lobby....

Ok over my frustration on this one I've started fabricating the struts out of brass ...

h9a0494d.JPG

h46fce71.JPG

h7ecef11.JPG

This may be a bit long but I wanted extra so I could fit the brass down inside the styrene ...

Excellent Gerry! Congrats, you've surpassed me in one of your skills: brass work! I haven't got that skill at all. You will beat this Gerry and it will be a model to be proud of.

Excellent Gerry! Congrats, you've surpassed me in one of your skills: brass work! I haven't got that skill at all. You will beat this Gerry and it will be a model to be proud of.

Mark you have it, it is just hiding inside, let it out, this is the 1st time I've done this, I've just been looking at Randy's builds, He makes it look very easy. It really is when you have a Dremel with a flex shaft, the first work was done with a mini file, I just polished it with the Dremel photos later. Sorry to run but work calleth me. :pilot

A lot of effort here . (y)

I have wished that someone would offer struts as an after market item in different scales .

Most of the kit ones are junk :gogo

Cheers, Christian B)

A lot of effort here . (y)

I have wished that someone would offer struts as an after market item in different scales .

Most of the kit ones are junk :gogo

Cheers, Christian B)

I know right, the trouble seems to be the styrene, if it is to scale, it is too thin so they need to be cast or brass. you would need some very complicated equipment for casting and a milling machine for brass output. Start-up costs would be astronomical, but if 3-D printing was capable of using a stiffer styrene that maybe the way to go. My friend has a milling machine, maybe will work on it. Thanks Christian for tagging along here, I hope this works out. :pilot

Man, that looks sharp.

Thanks Kenny, I'll show you how I did this when I get home, it was a busy weekend for me, I picked up two new railroad Customers, one was the editor of the local rag & the other was Texas Sen Bob Deuell, looking good down Here in Texas. Then there was church on Sunday, with Choir practice Sunday afternoon for our Christmas Special we are doing, then last Night we Had a SCV Christmas party & Meeting. My friend Charley Smith played a few tunes on His guitar, and we had a very good time. (y)

Thanks Ed & MP ... the sanding isn't too bad as, I plan on using the Dremel on low speed, with the flexible sanding disk, Just trying to figure the angles ... Think I need graft paper ... :pilot

Al-righty then I worked on struts last Night and this is what I ended up with ...

h2885864.JPG

hfb8630e.JPG

Insert a little strip to get the trailing edge ...

h1b0b85c.JPG

ha51a766.JPG

h340f102.JPG

ha7434a8.JPG

A little soldering & filinng and I have 4 struts for the wings ... Stay tuned ... 4 days of free time coming ... Merry Christmas ... :snoopy :pilot

Back