• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Das Boot, Figures and Gun Deck. Finished.

Steve Ski

Das Boot

WWII German U-boat Crew on the Gun Deck

120mm Resin Scale Kit, Sculpted and Designed by Jeff Shiu

All figures painted in oils over an acrylic base. Flag and rigging were scratch built along with added deck seats, signal light power cable, and cable system rigging.

Jeff Shiu has an incredible ability to make figures work well together to create a very convincing scenario. This was a difficult set to work with, but once the prep work was completed the entire scene fell right into place nicely.

Cheers, Ski.

001-vi.jpg
001aa-vi.jpg

001aaa-vi.jpg
001ac-vi.jpg

001aca-vi.jpg
001acb-vi.jpg

001ad-vi.jpg
001ae-vi.jpg

001af-vi.jpg
002-vi.jpg

002aa-vi.jpg
002ac-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg
003a-vi.jpg

003b-vi.jpg

Very NICE! You need to bring it to Wonderfest next June and show all the figure painters that these are in some ways much better than all the fantasy figures that they do.

Thanks, Buddy!
Very NICE! You need to bring it to Wonderfest next June and show all the figure painters that these are in some ways much better than all the fantasy figures that they do.
Thank you! Ya, I can't seem to cross that divide, but some of those painters put me back in "Candy Stripers" dress. Not very many are oilers, but the acrylic addicts are crazy incredible, to say the least.

Thank you, Gents!

Off to the next set,...........

"It's THOMSEN!! Phillip, Du glucklischer Hund! THOMSEN!!"
Well that's just cool! Everyone looks properly wind-blown!

Well i suppose if that's the best you can do it will have to do......

ha ha Steve, perfection plus a bit. Your photography is very nice as well.

Well i suppose if that's the best you can do it will have to do......

ha ha Steve, perfection plus a bit. Your photography is very nice as well.
Lol, thanks, Paddy. You know we are our own worst critic, but that ain't so bad.

Back